"English Message Follows"
À PROPOS DE CLYDE & CO
Chez Clyde & Co, notre culture est axée sur le soutien, dans le cadre d'un environnement accueillant, caractérisé par la diversité et l'inclusion. Notre cabinet international en forte croissance est reconnu pour sa vision globale, sa pratique exhaustive et son engagement authentique envers les clients, de même que pour son approche distinctive au sein d'un milieu à la fois ouvert et dynamique, apte à évoluer rapidement.
Aperçu du rôle
Préparer les procédures usuelles en litige;
Diplôme d’études professionnelles (DEP) en secrétariat ou diplôme d’études collégiales (DEC) en bureautique avec profil juridique ou autre combinaison de formation et d'expérience équivalente;
A FEW WORDS ABOUT CLYDE & CO
At Clyde & Co, our culture is based on fostering a supportive and welcoming environment characterized by diversity and inclusion. Our rapidly growing international firm is known for its global outlook, its exacting practice and its earnest commitment to clients, as well as for its distinctive approach within an open, fast-paced and rapidly changing field.
The Legal Assistant - Litigation will work mainly for a team of at least two lawyers, in collaboration with the Team Leader of the Legal Assistant Group. In this role, the assistant will prepare letters and proceedings and carry out administrative tasks, as well as organize and update client and lawyer files, including managing lawyers’ calendars and their client contact lists.
Work schedule: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. (The current work setting involves working remotely.)
- Transcribing letters and/or dictated proceedings, as needed;
- Following-up with lawyers to ensure deadlines are met;
- Opening files, filing (both paper and electronic), tracking and organizing case files;
- Organizing and coordinating meetings between lawyers and clients;
- Assisting in the scheduling of examinations for discovery to ensure they are carried out effectively;
- Providing support to other people in the office as needed;
- Carrying out or providing support for conflict of interest searches as needed;
- Qualifications Required
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a legal assistant in litigation, including recent, solid experience working with the New Code of Civil Procedure in Quebec;
- Bilingualism, French and English; impeccable grammar is essential in French;
- Experience in insurance law preferred;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook at an intermediate or, ideally, advanced level;
- Professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Efficient support to a team of lawyers on a daily basis.
We offer a rewarding work environment that supports professional growth and opportunities. We value diversity in our work place and it is the policy of the Firm to recruit, hire, promote, reassign, compensate and train highly qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable law.