Adjunct Faculty - Career Advancement & Continuing Education Programs
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and results that count. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace empowering people to make a difference in the lives of students. Now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place … SAIT.
We are currently accepting applications for motivated adjunct faculty who are available to teach short training courses, or for longer commitments with skills in any of the following areas:
- Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle, data management and administration, data analysis, Power BI and related tools and technologies.
- Software Development: Introduction to Programming (SDLC), Visual Studio (C#, ASP.NET, MVC), Python
- Infrastructure & Networking: Operating systems, Cisco networking, Microsoft Server and cloud servers (AWS and Azure), virtualization, data storage, Linux.
- Non-technical: Project management, business analysis.
- Instruct technical courses to mature learners
- Prepare and present lectures and labs
- Prepare additional study and lab materials for learners
- Evaluate student progress and achievement
- Work comfortably within D2L, SAIT’s learning management system
- Provide ongoing support, guidance and advice to learners
- 3-5 years of experience in specific technology areas described above
- Prior teaching experience is an asset
- Two year diploma or degree in an information technology or related program
- Industry certification in certain technologies would be an asset (Cisco, Microsoft)
- A combination of experience and education will be considered
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Aptitude for mentoring and coaching others
- Comfortable with public speaking, and able to convey course subjects to diverse students and learning styles
- Possess a positive, respectful attitude, and a high commitment to student success and collaboration
Why Work at SAIT
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary!
Please continue with the online application process by clicking the Apply Now button
All applications should be made through our online system.
SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants.
SAFA: This position is part of the SAFA (SAIT’s Faculty Association)
Conditions of Employment
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, all applicants to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology must complete and pass a police security clearance before employment is confirmed. Employment is conditional until a satisfactory police security clearance is obtained and confirmed. Employment with SAIT will not commence until the results have been provided and confirmed.
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education.
- Job ID:req541
- Job Location:Main Campus, Calgary, Alberta
- Job Classification:Instructor
- Job Type:Sessional
- Employee Group:SAFA
- Position End Date:
- Department:School of Information & Communications Technologies
- # of Positions:3
- Posting Closing Date:All applications must be received by: Open until suitable candidate found at 4:59PM MST / 5:59PM MDT.