Job Description Summary
- Why join ClaimsPro? We are proud of our people and it shows: • you will be part of a team of over 700 independent adjusters from 9 other provinces, 2 territories; • your career can grow into other lines of claims, branch management, across Canada into other branches, or new roles - the sky is the limit; • you will work on the industry-leading iAdjust software, designed by an adjuster for adjusters and kept modern with our in-house team of programmers and developers; • you will be supported by experienced local claims support, centralized after hours support, and dictation services; • your claims load is driven by senior executives and business development staff from coast to coast; • you are compensated for your billable hours and other costs. Also included is a flex-benefit plan that allows you to customize the coverage that is right for you with the options for taxable and non-taxable health care spending; • you are working in parallel with other SCM Insurance services - RMS Risk Management, XPERA Risk Mitigation & Security, ESM Emergency Security Management, SCM Health Solutions, IPG International Programs Group, PARIO Engineering and Environmental Sciences, and OPTA Information Intelligence. • your continuous education fees are reimbursed to maintain your license; • your workload is balanced to ensure you can maintain a high quality level and manage your abeyance; Visit www.scm.ca or www.claimspro.ca to learn more
- The Independent Adjuster actively adjusts claims while ensuring that business development opportunities are maximized. This involves marketing and follow-up of opportunities in a timely manner. The profile duties create a dynamic portfolio requiring extremely well-honed organizational skills that enable day to day activities to be completed while allowing efficient and effective progress of file management activities.
- Effective Analytical Skills
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Relationship Building skills
- Demonstrated and proven leadership skills
- Sense of urgency and responsiveness
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree or post-secondary education related to insurance
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Equivalency in combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Ongoing commitment to education and learning.
- Effective analytical skills, including identification of cause and effect dynamics
- Good investigative manner
- Able to draw valid conclusions and effectively communicate them.
- Ability to interpret complex documents of a legal nature, perform and understand advanced numerical calculations including analysis of comparative information.
- Adjuster’s license, or currently pursuing CIP designation
- Advanced communication skills including:
- Effective written skills including those of a technical nature
- Effective oral skills, including listening, interviewing, negotiating, must be able to flex style appropriate to audience.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities in an effective manner.
- Proactive and positive approach to customer service ensuring that all inquiries are effectively dealt with in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills allowing you to effectively deal with conflict and difficult situations.
- Strong commitment to ongoing education and learning.