Bilingual Administrative Assistant - 3 Month Contract - Ottawa
Your new company
Hays Specialist Recruitment has partnered with a leading non-profit company based in Ottawa, ON. We are looking to hire a Bilingual Administrative Assistant to join their team. This will be a 3 month contract, which has the possibility of extension. This candidate will be working out of their Vanier, ON location (Near Ottawa).
Your new role
- Provides reception duties by receiving and triaging in-coming telephone calls, in-person visits and directs calls and individuals accordingly.
- Information provision regarding the organization to the general public, clients and employees.
- Safeguards the office by following procedures and controlling access, monitors logbook, issues visitors passes.
- Monitors staff movements in and out of organization.
- Ensures the reception area, the Resource room and the photocopy room are tidy and organized at all times.
- Provides general administrative and clerical support duties such as filing, photocopying and faxing.
- Works on specific administrative projects for each division and the backend of the office as assigned by Administrative Supervisor.
- Participates in adhoc projects such as the production of large mail outs as needed.
- Monitors and maintains office supply stock, ordering supplies, ensuring all employees are notified when supplies may be requisitioned and delivered.
- Reserves various rooms and sets up the boardroom for meetings as requested. Assists in preparation of Committee meetings and conferences. Orders food for meetings as required.
- Coordinates the repair and maintenance of office equipment such as the photocopier.
- Prepares out-going mail at the end of each working day ensuring appropriate postage and handling, receives and sorts mail and deliveries.
- Generates letters and meeting minutes, assists in the preparation of presentations and meeting packages.
- Proofreads, transcribes and corrects information from handwritten letters and documents as needed in both official languages.
- Ensures that all office filing cabinets are duly locked and unlocked as required.
- Performs various data entry tasks as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you'll need to succeed
- 1-2 years in an Administrative experience or in a similar capacity
- Someone who is resilient and can work well independently
- Must be fully Bilingual in English and French
What you'll get in return
This position is offering $17.00 - $19.00 per hour.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.