Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
Are you an engaging, highly organized and service-oriented individual that enjoys taking initiative and supporting a team? Alberta Blue Cross has an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Assistant in our Benefit Services division. Reporting to the Vice President of Benefit Services, the Administrative Assistant is an integral role supporting the Benefit Services division and management team. The ideal candidate comes with at least two years of administrative experience and thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and manages these priorities with a high sense of urgency. You get the job done and don’t mind having a bit of fun while doing it.
You possess a strong analytical skillset, anticipates needs while building and maintaining positive and professional relationships amongst a large group. You will have excellent verbal and written skills and have demonstrated excellent proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and ability to learn supplemental software applications. You are creative and innovative in your approach and look for ways to increase efficiencies within the division.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Research and prepare written materials such as correspondence, meeting minutes and proof reading.
- Create and update documents, spreadsheets, presentations and other artifacts at an advanced level using current technologies.
- Prepare monthly organizational charts and maintain divisional employee tracking, among other general office duties
- Tracking and reporting of management information and statistics, including budgets and forecasting.
- Attending meetings while taking notes and distributing meeting minutes.
- Create and submit purchase requisitions and accounts payable vouchers for the management team.
- Manage travel arrangements, course and conference registrations, as well as submit travel expense claims.
- Book on-site meetings through Outlook and arrange working sessions for the management team and staff.
- Plan or assist in planning department events.
- Assist business areas with routine work during periods of heavy workload.
- Assist and/or coordinate initiatives as assigned by the senior management team.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- A minimum of two years post-secondary training as well as a minimum of two years job related experience.
- Expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access and Visio.
- Functional competencies: adaptability, analytical thinking, attention to detail, problem solver, and proactive initiative.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in researching and preparing a variety of written communication, as well as excellent listening and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated prioritization skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment while remaining organized.
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with confidential information is required.
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until October 16, 2020. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca