This position will have flexible hours and start at 20 hours per week with potential to grow and in a short time to become full-time for the right candidate.
General administrative assistance, managing busy lawyer’s calendar, files etc.
Enhances attorney effectiveness by developing case information, evidence, and settlement options; tracking cases; supporting attorney's trial proceedings.
* Keeps cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database and case management software; confirming case status with attorney.
* Helps develop cases by maintaining contact with people involved in the case; scheduling; preparing and forwarding summonses and subpoenas; preparing and filing discovery requests; preparing responses to opposing counsel; generating status reports.
* Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating case progress.
* Maintains case costs by verifying outstanding balances with attorney, clients, and providers.
* Supports case preparation by preparing case summaries and materials and organizing materials for case review.
* Enhances trial proceedings by organizing evidence; preparing exhibits; scheduling witnesses; ensuring that witnesses are ready when needed.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Must be energetic and highly motivated and take ownership of job responsibilities!
Reporting Skills, Research Skills, Legal Administration Skills, Litigation, Client Relationships, Organization, Planning, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Dependability, Client Confidentiality
Must have no criminal record.
Permanent Part-Time/Potential for full-time