Woodcraft has three locations, one of which is at 370 Denison St. E., Markham, ON. For 43 years we have been handcrafting products that are custom sized and custom stained, so every customer will receive exactly what they order. We build from the most basic to the most stylish pieces of furniture, but our custom, solid-wood furniture is known across the world for its superior quality, its elegance, and its lasting value. Our cross-Canada and U.S. sales continue to increase as confidence with online purchasing from Woodcraft increases. We have established an easy white-glove, door-to-door service, with trucks shipping to most of the provinces in Canada and the United States on a regular basis.
For more information about the company, please refer to our website at https://www.woodcraft.ca .
Woodcraft is seeking an energetic, highly organized and reliable administrative assistant for the business manager who would be his “right hand” for a permanent, full-time position.
- At least a high school certificate
- At least 3 years of experience as an administrative assistant with experience in marketing and sales
- Experience with posting to and maintaining social media accounts
- Able to independently perform the duties listed below
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Publisher, Electronic scheduler — Spire and Jobber, business diagram software — Spire, MS Excel, MS Office, MS PowerPoint, MS Windows, MS Word and Google Docs
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines; demonstrates high attention to detail and ability to multitask; flexible, reliable, client-focused, and organized team player with excellent written and oral communication and effective interpersonal skills when dealing with customers
- Criminal record check
- Public transportation is available; however, vehicle and valid driver’s license required for occasional deliveries to one of our three business locations or to some customer locations.
Duties of the Position
- Provide administrative support to the business manager and assist the manager with business analysis, sales forecasting, improving sales and marketing activities
- Prepare, key in, edit and proofread emails, PowerPoint presentations, statistical reports and related material
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Type and proofread correspondence, forms and other documents
- Prepare charts, tables, graphs and diagrams
- Answer telephone and electronic enquiries, relay telephone calls and messages, reply to enquiries and provide quotations
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines
- Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings for the manager
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory
- Compile data and other information
- Greet people and direct them to contacts or service areas (Saturdays and Sundays)
- Track and calculate expenses and prepare expense report for manager
- Participate in team meetings, record and prepare minutes of meetings, and record next steps and action items
- Manage the price list
- Manage our website and our social media accounts, such as Instagram and Facebook, by making changes, adding markups of photos, posting blogs and uploading pictures
- Assist the manager in coordinating domestic and long-distance deliveries, dealing with buyers and suppliers
- Arrange travel schedules for the manager and handle related arrangements
- Compile marketing and sales data, statistics and other information to support the manager and sales team
- Register and coordinate the company’s participation in exhibits and conferences
- As required, deliver samples to clients by car
- Plan and change the layout of the store after introduction of promotional furniture
- Coordinate manager’s’ orders for all three locations by ensuring the size, delivery, wood, stain and specifications of customization are accurate
- Assist the manager in dealing with U.S. customers, when required
- Order wood samples from suppliers
- Manage and deal with customer issues
Hours and Wages
This is a permanent, full-time position, between 35 to 40 hours per week, on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays from 1:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m., full-time day time hours on the weekend required. Salary is $25.00 per hour.
How to Apply
All interested applicants can forward their resume through this website.
We understand that most applicants may not have all of the required skills; however, preference will be given to candidates who are readily available and are the strongest matches with the job description.