Job DescriptionJob Title: Administrative Assistant, Medical AffairsWork Site: General Administration, Medical Affairs, Vancouver General Hospital
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Friday, Saturday, and statutory holidaysReference#: 136448-mhs
Come work as an Administrative Assistant with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join the Medical Affairs team in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!As an Administrative Assistant with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide administrative and confidential secretarial support for medical affairs.
- Interface with senior management staff and physicians in the course of performing duties including assisting with medical staff meetings.
- Prepare confidential correspondence and memos and coordinate the flow of information to physicians and senior management as well as assisting to support Medical Staff Credentialing.
- Be responsible for maintaining related databases ensuring information is available throughout Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from a recognized administrative assistant/secretarial post-secondary program plus three (3) years’ of senior administrative support experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Must have advanced word-processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software skills and the ability to type a minimum of 60 w.p.m.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Exercises considerable judgment, tact and discretion and preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Works well independently and is self-directed.
- Liaises in a professional and courteous manner with managers/directors, staff and the public to gather and disseminate information.
- Communicates in a compelling, clear and understandable manner (both verbally and in writing) in order to represent the team’s interests with various stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Applies excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments in a manner that optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success.
- Practices care and thoroughness when maintaining, monitoring, calculating and summarizing data, records and budget information.
- Collaborates with peers to ensure administrative systems and processes are consistently followed and monitored for effectiveness and that gaps are addressed and resolved when identified.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.