Employer Name: Capitol Banquet Center
Position: Administrative Assistant
Duration: Full Time
Location: 6435 Dixie Road Mississauga, ON, L5T1X4
Salary: $22.50 to $25.00 per hour; The gross salary paid is subject to all applicable Federal and Provincial income taxes and other statutory deductions.
Other benefits: None; Other than normal employer EI and CPP contributions
Vacation: 4% of the gross salary
Hours of Work: 35.0-40.0 Hours a week.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities
- Perform general administrative duties to support sales & marketing e.g. calendar establishments, appointments booking, filing, sending emails, and invoicing.
- Gather materials and assemble information packages (e.g., brochures, promotional materials).
- Serve as the point of contact for clients and communicate with them by phone and email to respond to questions and requests. Answer questions about property facilities/services (e.g., hours of operation, rates, packages, promotions, services).
- Assist with coordination of services for events, such as accommodation, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, audio-visual equipment and security.
- Prepare sales-related documents throughout the sales process (e.g., proposals, contracts, or banquet event orders).
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs.
- Prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Maintain and file employee sick leaves, vacation days, and injury records.
- Maintain professional appearance.
Specific Job Requirements
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an administrative position is required; Administrative experience in hospitality/event management sector would be considered as an asset
- Completion of secondary school is required
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org