Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$60 billion in assets as at June 30, 2018, and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada’s leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Maison Manuvie
Position type : Contract (14 months)
Reporting to the Property Administrator, Client Relations, Maison Manuvie, the incumbent is responsible for providing administrative support to the Property Administrator and other team members:
- Provide general administrative assistance: draft various documents (reports, memos, agreements, presentations), manage correspondence, file documents, make photocopies, coordinate schedules, etc.;
- Prepare correspondence to tenants, suppliers and others in accordance with established standards and procedures; ensure layout and content are of sufficiently high quality;
- Act as the point person for reviewing documents prior to translation (in French and English);
- Serve as the main contact for tenants when the Property Administrator is absent: answer incoming enquiries or refer them to the appropriate resources;
- Coordinate the management process for client complaints;
- Receive and screen telephone calls for the administration;
- Greet individuals who come to the administration office;
- Direct files to the appropriate individuals and obtain the necessary signatures once the Property Administrator and/or other members of the team have been made aware of their contents;
- Prepare, check and track leasing documents to be signed (proposals, agreements, renewals, etc.); complete requests to draft various documents;
- Maintain directory of business contacts and liaise with various business partners;
- Regularly update various policies and procedures as well as content for the property’s website;
- Prepare and track purchase orders; assign the appropriate codes to invoices received by the department;
- Ensure adherence to departmental filing systems for paper and electronic records; monitor access to electronic directories;
- Scan and regularly update the list of service contracts for the property;
- Ensure valid insurance certificates are kept on file for tenants;
- Plan, organize and follow up on various management committees and meetings; draft minutes and reports;
- Administer the petty cash;
- Plan and coordinate stationery inventory;
- Ensure deadlines are met for various reports;
- Prepare expense reports and timesheets for team members in the JDE system;
- Prepare and update vacation schedules;
- Make maintenance inspection rounds;
- Carry out any other required tasks.
- College diploma in office administration and three to five years of relevant secretarial experience;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Proficiency in multimedia applications;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Ability to translate documents into English and French;
- Ability to multitask, work independently and perform under pressure;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Keen focus on prioritization, organization and teamwork;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.