Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$65 billion in assets as at December 31st, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada’s leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department: Place Ville Marie
Position type: Contract (15 months)
The Administrative Assistant performs various tasks involving administrative support, general office management and follow-up for various group undertakings, for the Director, Client Relations and the Property Administrator, Client Relations. Main duties include:
- Provide general administrative assistance in accordance with existing standards and procedures: draft various documents (reports, letters, memos, tenant notices, agreements, procedures, PowerPoint presentations) in French and English; translate and edit documents; review bids, purchase orders, invoices and expense claims; file documents; make photocopies; prepare expense reports, etc.;
- Manage schedules, coordinate travel arrangements and organize meetings with internal and external stakeholders for the Director and Property Administrator, Client Relations;
- Serve as the main contact for tenants when the Director or Property Administrator, Client Relations is absent: answer enquiries or refer to the appropriate resources;
- Organize and draft minutes for committee and other meetings (French/English);
- Prepare and send notices to tenants concerning holidays, repairs and activities in the building;
- Prepare bids for tenants, prepare and track purchase orders; assign the appropriate codes to invoices received by the department;
- Assist the team, update tenant databases in the electronic directory and produce various tenant lists (administrative contacts, executive contacts and office building / shopping centre contacts);
- Follow up on complaints and comments from tenants received from the Tenant Services Centre;
- Update databases, directories, organizational charts, reports, tables and other reference documents;
- Prepare and coordinate construction mandates and ensure that the necessary approvals are obtained; distribute and file the related paperwork;
- Coordinate documentation related to LEED, BOMA Best and other certifications; serve as the point person for the supplier and make sure deadlines are met;
- Ensure adherence to departmental filing systems for paper and electronic records; monitor access to electronic directories;
- Sit in at the reception desk when needed;
- Prepare timesheets and update vacation schedules for team members;
- Coordinate tenant invitations and organize tenant events as needed;
- Plan events for Place Ville Marie employees and suppliers (holiday parties, etc.);
- Coordinate computer, telephone, building access and other systems;
- Ensure the proper and effective use of common areas in the office (printer/fax rooms and stationery storage rooms);
- Control petty cash and purchases of office and event supplies;
- Keep the gift card inventory and reconcile gift card sales;
- Assist the supervisor, Customer Service during absences and replace information booth staff in the shopping during special events;
- Prepare timesheets for team members in the JDE system;
- Update vacation schedules regularly for team members;
- Serve as the ambassador for the Centraide fundraising campaign, as needed;
- Manage the Client Relations’ email inbox;
- Carry out any other required tasks.
- College diploma in office administration and five or more years of relevant secretarial experience;
- Excellent written and spoken French and English and the ability to translate documents into both languages;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required; knowledge of Visio and JD Edwards an asset;
- Good ability to set changing priorities and a desire to work in a constantly evolving context;
- Ability to multitask, work independently and tolerate pressure;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently within a team;
- Tactful, thorough, dynamic, well organized and discreet.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.