Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$64 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2019 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Legal Affairs, Transactions
Position type : Salaried
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Vice President, Legal Affairs, Transactions, and also works with a team of three lawyers. Main responsibilities are as follows:
- Oversee meeting scheduling and preparations (invitations, room reservations, confirmation of attendance, agenda, documentation and, as needed, meeting minutes);
- Perform general administrative duties for the team: draft, print, scan and file documents; answer mail and telephone calls; organize daily calendars; translate documents; coordinate invoicing; obtain required signatures; prepare timesheets; etc.;
- Plan, organize and coordinate meetings and travel arrangements for team members;
- Provide coordinated support for various matters handled by team members; assist in producing and updating various types of files, presentations, charts and reports as needed;
- Carry out a variety of administrative tasks related to internal management in accordance with established processes (expense reports, invoice tracking, budget monitoring, etc.);
- Use and encourage the team to use the technological tools (Office 365, SharePoint, etc.) and databases available at Ivanhoé Cambridge to obtain the information necessary for managing the team’s various initiatives;
- Organize and update filing systems, primarily electronic, according to records management standards and best practices;
- Carry out any other related tasks requested or required as part of the job.
- College diploma (DCS) in secretarial studies or office automation;
- Five to eight years of experience in administrative support;
- Experience in the legal field, an asset;
- Excellent command of written and spoken French and English with strong business writing skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word and Excel) and Office 365;
- Detail-oriented, disciplined and organized with a keen sense of initiative and ability to prioritize;
- Outgoing team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.