Who we are
TuGo is one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company Platinum Club member. At TuGo, we make travel easier and a better experience by connecting partners and products with travellers, offering what they want, when, where and how they want it.
TuGo is an engaged, empowered and effective community of people, working together to help make great travel-related experiences for our customers. At TuGo we strive to be valued, effective and trusted. These values are the same internally in how we work with each other and externally expressed as our brand, in how we support and engage with our customers.
Headquartered in BC, with almost 200 employees in offices across Canada, we’re looking for an Administrative Assistant/Receptionist to join our Richmond, BC team!
What you'll do
You perform a variety of standardized administrative duties in accordance with established policies, procedures and schedules. You are responsible for some combination of the following: typing, word processing, data entry, record keeping, file maintenance, photocopying, faxing, and other general clerical duties.
Specifically you will:
- Perform a variety of administrative duties in an accurate and timely fashion within established standards, guidelines, and time deadlines. These include some combination of the following:
o Create Verification of Benefits (VOBs) and send to providers and/or Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) networks.
o Gather bills and submit necessary information to PPO networks for discounting.
o Complete payments in external claims portals and create matching records in our internal claims system.
o Receive Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) from networks and match them to bills/claims; adjust payments to providers and generate invoices/payments to PPO networks.
o Ensure accuracy of monthly PPO network payments.
o Resolve balance billing issues with providers or escalate as appropriate.
o Follow up on outstanding bills with networks and providers.
o Request refunds from providers on over-payments and follow-up as necessary.
o Contact family doctors/specialists to ensure the prompt receipt of medical histories.
o Contact hospitals to ensure the prompt receipt of medical records.
o Gather, type and submit required documentation (e.g. bills, letters, proof of payment etc.) to provincial health care plans (GHIP) and Extended Health Plans, and other recovery sources (credit card companies, airlines, etc.)
o Data entry and match incoming payments from GHIP and Extended Health Plans. Follow-up as necessary to ensure appropriate payments were received.
- Close files accurately and appropriately.
- Provide clerical/administrative assistance within department during absences.
- Provide clerical/administrative assistance to other departments as required.
- Achieve performance targets.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and all other teams.
- Responsively and effectively handle issues.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
What you'll bring
- Diploma in business or a related field
- 1+ years of clerical experience, including word-processing
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and strong ability to multi-task
- Experience processing bills and understanding GHIP requirements is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and able to learn applications quickly
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of valued, effective and trusted
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- A passion for travel