IWE Study is looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant, a very special person to join our organization who is highly motivated, familiar with the education system and can work independently. This person will support multiple people in our organization, so he or she must be able to handle multiple tasks at once, manage ambiguity with intellect and poise, and able to learn relevant facets of our organization quickly.
Detailed Job Duties:
- Assist the Director in managing the administration and office procedure of IWE Study. Ensure day-to-day operational procedures are strictly followed and tasks are completed on schedule;
- Identify improvement opportunities in IWE Study, assist in the establishment and execution of the procedures, rules, and policies of IWE Study, help to create a friendly learning environment;
- Manage operational procedures, give clear instructions to students on their daily activities;
- Assist tutors in consultant in assigning tasks to students for learning programs and activities, and provide directions for completion;
- Assist in arranging the schedule for students' courses and programs, ensure classes are running in an effective manner;
- Follow-up with students and parents with their academic progress, provide necessary assistance in enrollment service and other administrative needs;
- Coordinate educational and social events and activities for IWE Study, may work outside of the office in coordinating these events or activities;
- Ensure the safety of students and handle any unexpected urgent situation with professionalism;
- Provide initial training and ongoing coaching for new staff on IWE Study office procedures, including mailing, scheduling, photocopying, and printing, etc.;
- Conduct survey and research on study programs, course design and evaluation, enrollment system, student and parent feedback, liaison instructors with students and parents, produce research reports on study programs, course design, and enrollment system for improvements;
- Organize, compile and analyze operational data and documents for administrative purpose, and report findings and results to the Director;
- Review and revise documents, brochures, agendas, presentations, and other internal reports;
- Purchase office supplies as needed;
- Maintain, upgrade and enhance IWE Study information system and procedures for office administrative support, oversee and update IWE Study online and social media content to promote IWEStudy strategic projects and programs;
- Answer phone calls and email inquiries, distribute mails and incoming inquiries to the appropriate person, and perform other basic daily administrative duties;
- Greet students, parents, walk-in clients with welcoming attitudes, respond to questions and requests for information;
- Complete other administrative duties assigned by the Director
- Three years of experience in office administration, preferably in the educational sector
- Familiar with the North American education system, knowledge of local schools, summer camps, and related educational programs.
- College diploma
- Ability to prioritize tasks and strong problem-solving skills.
- Good research skills and attention to detail.
- Friendly attributes and welcoming service standard, able to work with students.
- Able to work full time according to the learning center's schedule, be available during weekends
Start Date: May 4, 2020
Employment type: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Work location: 130-5611 Cooney Road, Richmond BC, V6X 4J6
Term of Contract: Permanent, continuous
Compensation: $28.85 per hour, paid semi-monthly
Benefits: Basic benefit, additional benefits negotiable