Administrative Assistant - St. Catherines, ON - 3 Month Contract
Your new company
Hays Recruitment has partnered with a leading Healthcare company in St. Catherine ON. They are looking to hire an Administrative Assistant to their team. This will be a 3 month opportunity with potential to extend.
Your new role
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing general clerical and administrative support to assigned staff of the organisation. The position will be responsible for drafting, distributing and filing various forms of correspondence as well as updating and utilising the organisations database for various administrative tasks. The position is also responsible for oversight of a regional office.
Draft, edit, proofread and finalise correspondence including forms, memos, letters, collective agreements, statements, memorandum of settlement, memorandums of understandings, memorandums of agreements and other documents from notes, email, messages, and files.
· Maintenance of electronic grievance log on database by scanning of all collateral, updating status, and ensuring MOS/Awards are entered prior to closing
· Maintaining corresponding hard copy of grievance file
· Updating as required of staff's calendars
· Meet and greet members/visitors, respond to telephone, in person or electronic inquires and/or forward to the appropriate person
· Arrange for courier pick up and deliveries
· Maintain postage/meter and ordering of supplies and equipment.
· Maintain petty cash for regional office
· Provide general information to members
· Prepare monthly expense reports for assigned employees
· Photocopy and collate/scan documents for distribution, mailing and filing
· Maintain contact lists/member detail in database system, including invalid addresses
· Arrange conference calls as required
· Forward changes in member/employer status to appropriate person
· Create, enter, maintain events and associated leave of absence requests/cancellation on database
· Reconciliation of employer's invoices
· Organize and schedule meeting room bookings
· Co-ordinate meeting setup/cleanup and order catering
· Arrange registrations for various external activities
· Prepare meeting notices and support arrangements of meeting dates with assigned staff
· Maintain and prepare reports and documents from manual or electronic files, mailing lists and database as required.
· Process incoming and outgoing mail, manually or electronically for assigned staff.
· Send and receive various correspondence, messages and documents using fax machine or electronic mail
· Maintain records, correspondence and files of units as assigned.
· Process assigned Member Database Service tickets
· Clean and maintain office, including ordering of supplies
· Coordinates with vendors to resolve office equipment issues
· Sort, process and verify/reconcile applications, receipts, expenditures, forms and other documents
· Act as key holder for the office
· Take minutes at assigned meetings.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will need to have / be:
- Previous experience working with a union is a huge asset
- 2- 5 years of experience
- Experience with labour relations is a huge asset
- Must be proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Excel)
- Experience drafting emails and memos
What you'll get in return
This role is offering $20-$23/hr
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.