16 MONTH TERM POSITION
Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant in our Administrative Services Department. The select candidate will have completed an Associate’s degree or have completed education within a business or related field. Combination of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Ideally, the select candidate will have a minimum of 2-4 years of general administrative and/or reception experience. Must have Computer skills in Windows Platform, electronic file management, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Outlook, Visio, SharePoint, and the Internet.
In addition, this individual will possess strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
Emergent BioSolutions is dedicated to one simple mission—to protect and enhance life.
As a global specialty pharmaceutical company, Emergent offers specialized products to healthcare providers and governments to address medical needs and emerging health threats.
We value the diversity that each employee brings, and while we look for people who share our Core Values, we thrive on difference as well. With hundreds of talented employees working around the globe, Emergent is a growing organization with a wide variety of scientific, technical and professional career opportunities worldwide.
The Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for reception and performing general support tasks.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers main phone line in a timely manner and directs calls to the appropriate parties.
- Greet visitors and clients as required; ensures reception area presents well and is in a tidy state.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing mail, including FedEx and in town couriers.
- Maintains general electronic and paper filing system.
- Creation, revision or editing of documents, e-mails, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Assists other administrative team members with general administrative tasks for our leadership team when needed.
Schedule Management & Travel
- Coordinates travel arrangements.
- Prepares expense reports and credit card reconciliation.
Meeting and Event Coordination
- Assists with event and meeting coordination including Site and Employee Update Meetings (EUM) meetings.
- Manages food orders for meetings.
- Prepares and ensures meeting spaces are ready for use.
- Manages internal boardroom bookings for the facility and sources out and coordinates external meeting space as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Education: Associates degree in business or related field required. Combination of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience: Minimum of 2-4 years of general admin and/or reception is required.
- Skills: Computer skills in Windows Platform, electronic file management, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Outlook, Visio, SharePoint, and the Internet.
INTERESTED? Please visit www.emergentbiosolutions.com under careers to apply today!