|Facility Name||Comox Valley Seniors Village (CVSV)|
|Job Category||Administration [Administrative Coordinators][Receptionists]|
|Job Status||Full Time Regular|
|Position Summary||Reporting to the General Manager, the Administration Manager is responsible for supporting the General Manager in all administrative aspects of operations which would be to oversee office operations and administrative staff members. The Administrative Manager will hire, train, and evaluate administrative team members, develop, review, and improve policies, systems, and procedures, and generally ensuring the office operate smoothly and efficiently. Duties also include assisting in developing and enforcing budgets, delegating tasks and tracking progress on projects, and planning and organizing a calendar of events, which may include training sessions, interviews, new hire orientations, and policy or procedure updates.|
The Administration Manager is a key role in the Community and will support all elements of our Community Engagement Strategy and will actively participate in ensuring optimal quality of care and customer service and satisfaction.
Through the identified job functions, the Administration Manager oversees certain, predetermined operational and administrative activities of operations and fosters an environment that empowers and supports individuals to provide safe, high quality care.
1. Self-Awareness: Is aware of own assumptions, values, principles, strengths and limitations.
2. Manages Self: Takes responsibility for own performance and decisions
3. Develops Self: Actively seeks opportunities and challenges for personal learning, character building and growth.
4. Demonstrates Character: Models qualities such as honesty, integrity, resilience and confidence.
1. Helps to foster the Development of Others: Supports and challenges others to achieve professional and personal goals.
2. Assists in the Creation of a Healthy Organization: Helps to create an engaging environment where others have meaningful opportunities and the resources to fulfill their expected responsibilities.
3. Communicates Effectively: Listens well, encourages open exchange of information and ideas using appropriate communication media.
4. Assists with Effective Team Building: Facilitates an environment of collaboration and cooperation to achieve results.
1. Assists with Direction: Inspires vision. Identifies, establishes and communicates clear and meaningful expectations and outcomes.
2. Assists with Aligning Decisions with Vision, Values and Evidence: Integrates organizational mission, values and reliable, valid evidence to make decisions.
3. Assists with Implementing Decisions: Acts in a manner consistent with the organizational values to yield effective, efficient public-centered service. Demonstrates business acumen by efficiently and effectively identifying and managing human, capital, financial and information resources.
4. Assists with Assessing and Evaluating Results: Measures and evaluates outcomes. Holds self and others accountable for results achieved against benchmarks. Corrects course as appropriate
1. Builds Partnerships and Networks to Great Results: Creates connections, trust and shared meaning with individuals and groups.
2. Demonstrates a Commitment to Customers and Service: Facilitates collaboration, cooperation and coalitions among diverse groups and perspectives to improve service.
3. Mobilizes Knowledge: Employs methods to gather intelligence. Encourages open exchange of information. Uses quality evidence to influence action across the system.
4. Navigate Socio-Political Environment: Is politically astute. Negotiates through conflict. Mobilizes support.
1. Demonstrates Systems/Critical Thinking: Thinks analytically and conceptually; questions and challenges the status quo to identify issues, solve problems and design and implement effective processes across systems and stakeholders.
2. Encourages and Supports Innovation: Creates a climate of continuous improvement and creativity aimed at systematic change.
3. Strategically Oriented to the Future: Scans the environment for ideas, best practices and emerging trends that will shape the system.
4. Champions and Orchestrates Change: Actively contributes to change processes that improve health service delivery.
|Qualifications||1. Completion of undergraduate degree in health sciences or related field, plus 5 (five) years’ recent related experience, including two (2) years in leadership role; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.|
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of Ms. Office and email applications
2. Able to plan, organize and direct the operations of the facility
3. Innovative, creative thinker
4. Ability to multi-task
5. Must be able to read, write. and verbally communicate effectively in English
6. Customer service oriented
7. Able to maintain confidentiality and handle information appropriately
8. Ability to maintain effective interpersonal and team relationships
9. Conflict resolution skills
10. Demonstrates empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors