New Value Solutions, a national IT Consulting company, is seeking an Administrative and Marketing Assistant. The successful candidate will work closely with the President, providing administrative assistance where needed. As an extension of the President, the successful candidate must be very good with numbers, English grammar, and may be called upon to assist in sales. Specifically, the successful candidate will also have a specific focus of assisting in the marketing of our company’s services throughout Canada and the United States. This will largely be accomplished through social media and remote conference calls, alone, with the President, or other senior personnel of the company.
The responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with clients and vendors
- Assist the President with the production of proposals
- Assist with and develop marketing plans to promote our services across Canada and into the United States
- Assist in monitoring active marketing programs and developing ways to improve those campaigns
- Submit ideas for experimental marketing programs designed to enhance and grow the company's brand
- Help conduct and collate findings from market research
- Write targeted content for website and blogs
- Assist in the distribution of subscriber newsletters and information
- Creating content for social media channels
- Keeping abreast of industry trends and compelling marketing campaigns
- Prepare reports as required
- Maintain and enforce the process of the filing system already in place of paper and electronic documents
- Making travel arrangements and detailed travel itineraries
- Taking dictation and minutes and writing them up subsequently
- Producing reports and presentations
- Uphold the strictest level of confidentiality of information
- Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and clientele
- Working the very strong accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 2+ years of work experience in an administrative role
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong ability and comfort to deal with numbers
- Some marketing experience would be asset, but not required
- Excellent at multi-tasking
- Must be very organized
- Friendly and professional demeanor
This successful candidate can progress in this role to more senior roles such as Marketing Specialist or Executive Assistant or other to be defined. We are a small and growing company so opportunities will exist.
If this role interests you, we welcome your application. We thank all applicants in advance. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.