Administrator, Fort Saskatchewan - (Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reports to the General Manager of Fort Saskatchewan Operations.
What you will do:
- Coordinate and implement office management and tasks for the Site General Manager and Human Resource Department
- Support the GM and site leadership team in various administrative activities as required
- Help lead and support the sites community donations program
- Help lead the sites public relations program
- Directly support the GM in coordination of site activities such as meeting facilitation and other administrative duties (presentation preparation, meeting minutes, data input and report generation)
- Draft letters and documents, collect and analyze information, and initiate telecommunications
- Plan and schedule meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel as required
- Answer or direct inquiries
- Maintain office supplies inventory & evaluate new office products
- Complete projects and follow-up on results
- Prepare reports by collecting and analyzing information
- Plan and coordinate special events
- Align and coordinate administrative site functions including contingency plan support across departments
- Implement and maintain a continuous improvement plan for site administrative functions
- Serve as a resource to all site leadership staff for related questions and projects
- Independently research a wide variety of information requests
- Represent the Nutrien facility with vendors and suppliers of goods and services in a manner that will support the site and promote positive community relationships
- Cost stewardship by coordinating the administrative budget and tracking actual costs
What you will bring:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Five to seven years of administrative assistant experience working for Executive level management
- Advanced skill level and high proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Must be detail oriented and proactive, willing to work for and with each member of the team, exhibit good communication skills, upbeat, positive, and outgoing
- Seek continuous improvement and be flexible in work assignments
- A high degree of confidentiality and trustworthiness
- Organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Work well under pressure and with minimum direction
- Ability to represent Nutrien professionally in all internal and external communications
- Ability to perform at an accurate and productive level is essential to this position
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran