Join Western Canada's premiere publisher of Agricultural news in the role of Sales Representative
The Western Producer is Western Canada’s largest weekly farm paper, delivering a comprehensive package of information to farmers since 1923. Considered the leading farm paper in Western Canada for both production and management information, The Producer enjoys wide circulation throughout the Prairies. Every week farmers and agri-business readers can trust award-winning agricultural journalism, industry features, market information, livestock industry coverage, Ag finance and farm living. The Producer is division of Glacier Farmmedia (GFM), Canada’s premier publisher of Ag newspapers, magazines, specialty publications and Ag web sites.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, we seek a highly motivated, sales driven and technology savvy sales representative who will help regional businesses with an array of traditional and digital advertising strategies designed to increase their market presence, generate leads to expand their customer base, and deliver significant ROI & increased revenues.
- Identify sales opportunities through targeting, researching, identifying and developing new clients;
- Make face to face sales calls within a designated territory to prospective and existing clients; conducting needs assessments and identifying opportunity;
- Makes sales presentations to advertising agencies and regional organizations, etc.
- Develop market intelligence and knowledge of competition, options and industry trends in order to show a customer their most profitable advertising sources;
- Represents the company at conventions, shows and meetings;
- Maintains required sales records;
- Business and/or Marketing diploma with a proven record of success in advertising sales.
- Ability to meet the demands of advertisers and/or their agencies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Must be able to work independently and within a dedicated sales team with responsibilities across multiple brands and advertising formats including digital products.
- Ability to plan and organize work program with established policies and schedules.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Strong understanding of both digital marketing and social media.
- Experience in the agricultural sector would be considered an asset.