Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Asset Valuation
Position type : Salaried
Under the supervision of the Vice-President, Planning and Financial Analysis, the incumbent reviews property and company valuation reports for the assigned portfolio. The incumbent is also responsible for all reports related to these properties and contributes to broader analyses involving the Company-wide portfolio. Main duties include:
- Reviewing valuation reports for the assigned portfolio and identify issues which could have an impact on market value;
- Performing market value variance analysis for the assigned portfolio;
- Preparing all balance sheets for the assigned portfolio;
- Preparing various analysis for the assigned portfolio upon request;
- Performing a market review;
- Maintain excellent business relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Participate in meetings with external appraisers regarding portfolio valuation;
- Participating in obtaining preliminary and final reports for the June 30th and December 31st fiscal periods of each year in collaboration with internal stakeholders, partners and professionals;
- Contributing to the analysis of changes in property values and variance reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, real estate or finance specialization;
- Possess Accredited Appraiser (AA) or AACI certification, or CFA;
- A minimum of 5 years related experience in real estate investment report analysis and commercial and/or office valuation (office buildings, shopping centres large scale residential buildings, and logistics);
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Argus Enterprise software;
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, self-directed, analytical thinking, ability to synthesize;
- Proven multitasker;
- Flexible schedule – Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines;
- Proficiency in both French and English (oral and written);
- Team player with strong organizational skills and a commitment to continuous quality improvement;
- Available for occasional travel outside Quebec.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.