Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department: Growth Markets
Position Type: Salaried
The incumbent provides direct support to the Senior Director, Growth Markets, Montreal, for all activities related to investments, strategy and portfolio management. Duties include the following:
- Check that policies and processes are being adhered to and ensure that investments and dispositions made by the international teams comply with Ivanhoé Cambridge’s quality criteria and standards;
- Track subscription, due diligence and legal documents for investment projects led by international teams;
- Validate and update select financial models for real estate projects and operating companies;
- Prepare preliminary studies and issue recommendations for private and public investments (REITs) in growth markets;
- Work closely with internal support teams (Legal Affairs, Treasury, Finance, Capital Allocation, Risk Management, etc.) to ensure investments meet all the necessary criteria and requirements;
- Assist the team in preparing and writing annual business plans and the strategic plan;
- Ensure business unit partners follow established timelines and business plans;
- Manage and coordinate select market monitoring activities for portfolio assets and products/markets targeted in the business unit’s strategic plan;
- Represent Ivanhoé Cambridge at meetings with partners in Montreal and around the world; attend conferences and tour various properties;
- Analyze data and develop tracking, analysis and dashboard tools to monitor the business unit’s portfolio and maximize asset performance;
- Manage projects involving the development of new electronic tools and databases; recommend solutions to problems encountered; track and report on work status in relation to requirements of the business unit and the IT team;
- Simulate and analyze various impact scenarios for the business unit’s portfolio and advise international teams on suitable portfolio strategies;
- Prepare financial and operational reports and conduct variance analyses for the unit’s quarterly status reports in conjunction with the corporate finance team and asset managers;
- Maintain internal and industry databases; target key performance indicators;
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business administration; master’s degree in a relevant discipline an asset;
- Professional designation (CFA, CPA or chartered appraiser) an asset;
- Experience in computer programming an asset;
- Five to eight years of related experience (real estate investing, appraisal, property transactions and/or asset management, etc.);
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and French; working knowledge of Spanish, Mandarin or Portuguese an asset;
- A self-directed, inquisitive and driven team player committed to continuous quality improvement;
- Productivity- and results-oriented mindset;
- Strong critical and analytical skills;
- Adaptability, keen business acumen, and effective communication and negotiation skills;
- Availability for occasional travel abroad.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.