Valard Construction is Canada’s premier utility contractor, as well as head of the Valard Group of Companies and part of the Quanta Group, the largest electrical power contractor in North America. Valard has full-service capabilities for transmission, distribution, substations, foundations, telecommunications, and renewable energy.
Valard Construction Telecom Division is seeking qualified Aerial Technicians (Tower Riggers) to work on projects in AB, BC, MB and ON. The successful candidates are required to have and maintain a valid driver's license and acceptable driver's abstract.
- Erect telecommunication tower components using cables, ropes, pulleys & other equipment
- Installation and verification of cellular antenna and electronics upgrades/overlays on self support, roof tops, and guyed structures
- Installation of cables, antennas, microwave dishes and other communications equipment
- Climb and work aloft rooftops and existing towers up to 300-400 ft.
- Removal and/or installation of telecommunications mounting structures, equipment, antennas, tx-lines, cables and associated hardware
- Inspect telecommunication lines, locate faults, and analyze and record test results
- Tower reinforcement, grounding
- Network and site upgrade work, maintenance, emergency callouts and troubleshooting
- Work safely and productively in a team environment producing a high quality of workmanship
- All other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate strong adherence to safety procedures
- Strong communication skills and able to take direction
- Able to work in a team to efficiently and effectively complete jobs within deadlines
- Must be flexible in hours worked, traveling, and working in adverse weather conditions
- Working knowledge of safety standards and regulations
- Able to work at heights
- Heavy lifting, good stamina, manual dexterity and proficient use of tools and equipment
- Maintain a professional working attitude with co-workers, management and clients
Valard is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and a complete range of employee benefits.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meet the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.