Agile Coach (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
The Potash Business Unit is establishing a Full Potential Office (FPO), with the mandate to oversee, support and accelerate the delivery of transformation initiatives that will strengthen the Potash BU’s operational excellence and introduce innovative new digital solutions.
The FPO will comprise of three groups, a Central Program Management Office (PMO) to oversee results delivery across program initiatives and manage program risks, a digital program team to develop the BU’s digital strategy and drive execution of new digital solutions, and a capability Centre of Excellence (COE) to support program initiatives with critical capabilities.
An Agile Coach is a part of a group of Agile capability experts in the Center of Excellence to be deployed to priority initiatives looking to apply Agile ways of working. An Agile Coach is an expert in Agile methodologies, able to coach multiple teams in the principles of Agile and the practices of Scrum, and can assume the role of Scrum Master in an Agile team if needed.
This role will report to the Senior Manager, Centre of Excellence.
What you will do:
- Serves as the go-to expert on agile methods and challenges team members to use a disciplined agile approach for developing quality development
- Partners with teams to determine level of coaching required through collaboration with vendor coaches and assessments
- Coaches organization through change, helping identify and attack organizational impediments which limits team productivity and quality
- Fosters teamwork and adherence to norms
- Gauges team performance through partnership with Scrum Masters and Product Owners, identify team improvements, and identify/assess levers to accelerate team`s transformation
- Engages in one-on-one coaching as needed, especially with team members who are new to agile
- Participates in or leads complex problem solving activities to define problems, assess current state root causes, design and test solutions, and implement solutions leading to desired outcomes
- Provides feedback to management at all levels regarding the progress of Agile transformations within their teams
- Anticipates and identifies issues, and provides recommendations to address roadblocks and areas of opportunity
- Reports to the Senior Manager, Centre of Excellence
What you will bring:
- Advanced knowledge of Agile development methodologies as typically acquired through a Bachelors` degree in relevant field (business, computer science, etc.) and a minimum of 6 years` experience in coaching multiple teams. Master’s degree preferred
- Previous experience as an Agile Coach, scrum master or product owner required. Knowledge of relevant domains/products preferred
- Agile certifications such as Certified Scrum Professional, Agile Certified Professional, or similar preferred
- Proven experience with agile methods, preferably implementing large-scale transformations in different contexts
- Ability to engage relevant stakeholders across functions to mitigate team impediments
- Solid repertoire of coaching techniques
- Strong communication skills with ability to process and explain complex technical concepts and align organization on decisions
- Utilizes team collaboration to create innovative solutions efficiently
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter