We want you to come to work, because you are passionate to challenge yourself intellectually and creatively, and enjoy collaborating with a diverse group of talented individuals. Our office environment aims to cultivate the unique talent of each member of the team, and we always treat each other with professionalism and respect.
Although we are passionate about our work, we also recognize the importance of keeping a healthy work/life balance and encourage both personal and professional development. The seasonal nature of our industry makes for busy times in the year but also allows for flexibility when the work is done.
Read on and Apply Today!
Immediate Supervisor: Canadian Sales Manager
Primary Purpose of Position
To sell and market Decisive Farming driven by TELUS products and services through new business acquisition and increasing value through existing customer base.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell and differentiate Optimize RX and related products, Know Risk, Data Management and Sure Check to new and existing customers, expanding Decisive Farming’s existing territory throughout Western Canada:
- Grow business through existing customer base, lead generation, customer qualification and closing of sales;
- Up sell existing customer base with complementary products such as Optimize RX-S etc.
- Participate in Territory Assistant/Trainee programs by helping to coach and mentor territory team as a part of team development.
- Participate in overall sales planning
- Create territory business plan annually
- Execution of the corporate sales plan with the Sales Manager
- Regular participation at trade-shows as required and seen beneficial to business growth
- Develop and execute promotional territory budget with the goal of creating a positive Decisive Farming image:
- Seek and participate in community and customer events that would be beneficial to the overall territory business plan
- Ensure My Farm Manager is up to date with all customer information
- Responsible for accurately completing a grower check list for ALL agronomy growers. Refer to TM responsibilities listed under Grower Process Checklist
- Daily usage of Salesforce CRM:
- Recording all sales information (sales calls, meetings, crops plans, etc.);
- Act upon tagged clients (sales leads, sales notifications, etc);
- Entry of Opportunities into Sales Force
- Responsible to ensure client payment of services
- Handle customer concerns and solve any issues put forth
- Provide basic front-line technical assistance for customers (loading files, navigating proprietary software, etc.)
- Help nurture and develop Retail partner accounts, driving growth through assigned and new growers.
Knowledge and Skill
- 3 – 5 years of territory sales experience
- A degree or diploma is preferred but not a pre-requisite (Business Management, Marketing or Agriculture)
- A good understanding of agriculture with a practical understanding of farming
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and diagnostic skills, ability to undertake customer’s needs analyses on an ongoing basis
- Comfortable in performing both cold and warm calls and close a sale
- Proficient computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft programs, previous experience with a CRM program an asset
- Excellent customer relations and negotiating skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player in a fast paced changing environment
- Willingness to continually expand knowledge base about products, packages and programs
- Able to work in a highly mobile sales call environment
- Willing to work flexible hours to accommodate the seasonal nature of the industry
- Valid driver’s license and clean abstract, prepared for considerable amount of driving to and from sales calls which may or may not include driving in treacherous weather conditions.
Due to high volume of applications, only Selected candidates will be contacted.