Agronomist - Grenfell, SK, CA
At Nutrien Ag Solutions, we are devoted to the health and safety of all our employees and customers. During this time of uncertainty with Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are taking extra precautions in our Manufacturing Facilities and Retail Sites to ensure safety and limit exposure for all. Nutrien Ag Solutions is still hiring and we continue to drive towards our mission of Feeding the Future.
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, this position is responsible for developing and supporting both internal and external customer base in the Branch's Applied Agronomic Services.
What you will do:
- Recommend appropriate Nutrien products and fertilizer products to customers
- Identifie, procure and manage grower demonstration plots for varietal comparison purposes
- Gather, compile, analyze and interpret test results and prepares and forwards progress reports
- Design and inspect program experiments, records, notes and seasonal staff logbooks. Ensures that application of seeding, fertility and pesticide occurs when weather conditions are optimal
- Actively searches for new opportunities that will enhance or expand the Company’s market presence
- Plan and conduct the field testing of designated research material using defined methods that will ensure accuracy and optimize results under experimental protocol
- Interact with Division and Branch Management to convey results and provide recommendations based on active knowledge of marketing requirements
- Distribute a variety of information and recommendations to staff and customers. Attends and participates in customer information meetings as directed. Presents technical information related to seed varieties and other marketing programs
- Liaise with appropriate industry contacts
- Assist in the promotion and recommendation of Proven Seed varieties and Loveland Products and Echelon services to farm customers through product knowledge and local field trials
- Identify local weed species, and be familiar with the biology and control of local pests
- Interpret soil and tissue tests and required, and be able to recommend best practices for soil fertility management for local customers
- Understand proper method for soil or tissue testing for customers as required
- Complies with Nutrien and Industry regulatory and EH& S standards
What you will bring:
- Diploma in Agriculture at a recognized college or university
- 2+ years of applied agronomy and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license
- Applicant should have experience with crops, pesticides, and fertilizers in the current market
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern farm practices and industry regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop good working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to meet and deal with the public effectively. An aptitude to analyze markets
- Proven ability to work independently
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the functions of the job
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationship with branch personnel, peers and customers
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills to small and large groups
- Effective time management, planning and multi-tasking skills
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.