Agronomist - Nutrien Ag Solutions (Rycroft, AB, CA)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, this position is responsible for developing and supporting both internal and external customer base in the Branch's Applied Agronomic Services.
What you will do:
- Recommend appropriate Nutrien products and fertilizer products to customers.
- Identifies, procures and manages grower demonstration plots for varietal comparison purposes.
- Gathers, compiles, analyzes and interprets test results and prepares and forwards progress reports.
- Designs and inspects program experiments, records, notes and seasonal staff logbooks. Ensures that application of seeding, fertility and pesticide occurs when weather conditions are optimal.
- Actively searches for new opportunities that will enhance or expand the Company’s market presence.
- Plans and conducts the field testing of designated research material using defined methods that will ensure accuracy and optimize results under experimental protocol.
- Interacts with Division and Branch Management to convey results and provide recommendations based on active knowledge of marketing requirements.
- Distributes variety information and recommendations to staff and customers. Attends and participates in customer information meetings as directed. Presents technical information related to seed varieties and other marketing programs.
- Liaises with appropriate industry contacts.
- Assist in the promotion and recommendation of Proven Seed varieties and Loveland Products and Echelon services to farm customers through product knowledge and local field trials.
- Identify local weed species, and be familiar with the biology and control of local pests.
- Interpret soil and tissue tests and required, and be able to recommend best practices for soil fertility management for local customers.
- Understand proper method for soil or tissue testing for customers as required.
- Complies with Nutrien and Industry regulatory and EH& S standards.
- Performs other duties as required
What you will bring:
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern farm practices and industry regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop good working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and deal with the public effectively. An aptitude to analyze markets.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the functions of the job.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationship with branch personnel, peers and customers.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills to small and large groups.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and safety conscious.
- Applicant should have experience with crops, pesticides, and fertilizers in the current market.
- Effective time management, planning and multi-tasking skills.
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner.
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Diploma in Agriculture at a recognized college or university.
- Minimum of two (2) years of applied agronomy and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to complete a Criminal Background Check, Drug & Alcohol Testing, and Driving Record Abstract as required by Nutrien Ag Solutions policies.
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter