Position: Warehouse Associate
Availability : Immediately
Anixter is the world’s leading supplier of electrical utility, electronic and communication components used to connect power, voice, video, data and security systems.
With more than 800 employees across Canada, Anixter offers a variety of rewarding career opportunities, a wide range of benefits such as competitive pay and a comprehensive employee benefit package.
Our Mississauga location is looking for a Warehouse Associate, who will be responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in loading, unloading, order pulling, shipping, returns, forklift, counter, or may have a generalized role working in all departments.
- Complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging,
- Load and unload materials to and from designated storage area, such as racks, shelves, or vehicles.
- Stack or pile materials, such as lumber, boards, or pallets.
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Verify computations against physical count of stock.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- Forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Forklift operator certification
- Experience operating a narrow aisle lift truck or order picker
- Self-motivated team player
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- CSA approved steel-toe safety boots/shoes.
- Comfortable working in a warehouse environment with physically demanding work.
- Full time / permanent (40 hours / week + overtime opportunity)
- Monday – Friday. Shift schedule: 3:30pm - Midnight
- Physical work, including lifting (50 - 75lbs)
We are grateful for your interest in Anixter, however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Anixter Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. Anixter Inc. is also proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please notify us if you are contacted for a job interview.