Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$64 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2019 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Information Technology
Position type : Salaried
The IT Department has adopted an ambitious data management strategy with the goal of supporting Ivanhoé Cambridge’s growth and guiding the Company toward data-driven success. A new information management platform using a publications/subscriptions approach was therefore developed in order to:
- Streamline and automate the flow of information within the organization;
- Standardize data;
- Provide consolidated and complete access to all company data;
- Improve data quality and consistency.
In this dynamic context, the incumbent is responsible for analyzing data and drawing up functional specifications for data integration and transformation.
He or she must have advanced knowledge of business intelligence principles, be able to understand the client’s business environment, analyze its needs and their impacts, and translate this into detailed, results-oriented specifications. In so doing, he or she collaborates with a solutions developer and a data architect as well as a team of analysts.
The incumbent primarily works with the Toronto-based Property Operations team, which is in charge of operations monitoring for Ivanhoé Cambridge shopping centres in Canada.
The incumbent’s duties are as follows:
- Assist clients with business analysis;
Draft system analysis documents:
ETL Maps (data transformation, business rules);
- Functional design;
- Workflow design (BPM);
- Impact analysis;
- Help ensure high-quality solutions by undertaking validation and quality assurance activities;
- Guide and train the applications’ superusers;
- Contribute to solution architecture and detailed solution design;
- Identify and recommend ways to improve the system;
- Help resolve incidents and problems; propose solutions and action plans;
- Provide support and context to the development and quality assurance teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field;
- Master’s degree or specialization in business intelligence, an asset;
- Ability to perform in an Agile environment: backlog and sprint management, user story creation, etc.;
- Minimum five years of experience as a business/system analyst in business intelligence and data integration;
- Working knowledge of relational model concepts;
- Familiarity with business intelligence’s technical ecosystem: databases, ETL, cubes, reports, etc.
- Proficiency in SQL;
- In-depth knowledge of Power Query;
- Proficiency in Power BI and Dataflow, an asset;
- Familiarity with Power Automate (Microsoft Flow), an asset;
- Familiarity with real estate management and/or finance, an asset;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English;
- Team player with a proven commitment to collaboration; self-directed, detail-oriented and methodical; excellent analytical and processing skills;
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills;
- Adaptability and versatility;
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Significant experience in a collaborative, teamwork-based setting;
- Tolerance for stress.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.