We currently have a temporary one year position for an Analyst II in our Clinical Drug Services department. This position is responsible for delivering exceptional Special Authorization service to our customers, within established standards for turn-around. Special Authorization is a process whereby prescribers can request coverage for specific drugs for their patients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess and render decisions on Special Authorization requests according to the established guidelines for drug(s) requested and accepted medical condition(s).
- Determine appropriate system entry and correspondence information to be recorded.
- Enter information on Alberta Blue Cross computer systems regarding Special Authorization requests in order to facilitate appropriate claims adjudication.
- Prepare correspondence advising prescribers and subscribers of decisions regarding Special Authorization requests.
- Handle electronic and telephone inquiries from both internal and external customers.
- The ability to work occasional weekdays until 5:00 pm, weekends, and statutory holidays on a rotation basis is required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Post-secondary education in the health services or medical field (i.e. Pharmacy Technician diploma, Medical Office Administration certificate/diploma), or directly related experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and familiarity with drug names is required. Pathophysiology would be an asset.
- Must possess excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and work with minimum supervision in a team environment.
- Must have a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, and preferably Access) is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as organizational skills are required.
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the challenges of heavy workloads and frequent change.
- Must be a strong team player.
- Must be service-oriented and responsive to our customers. This includes the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at www.ab.bluecross.ca.