Are you keen to learn from an engaged group of experts committed to developing the living spaces of tomorrow?
Are you naturally curious and looking to increase your versatility with your next career move?
Do you want to kick your performance into high gear?
With this opportunity, you can do all three. You’ll finish with more tools in your professional toolbox and a broader range of work experience. Over the course of 24 months, you will get the chance to work with a number of our teams in an intensive rotation format, letting you learn about all aspects of the investor profession (transactions, asset management, portfolio construction, etc.) in one of the world’s largest institutional investors.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of all aspects of the investment and asset management portfolio;
- Learn the ins and outs of risk management, portfolio construction, property valuation and real estate financing;
- Prepare investment protocols and supporting documents for investment projects and new business opportunities;
- Analyze and interpret financial reports as well as monthly and quarterly management reports on the approved budget and business plans; issue appropriate recommendations to maximize investment value;
- Attend internal management and business development meetings, and maintain strong relationships with the Company’s external partners;
- Conduct analyses and prepare documents for presentation to the experts in charge of approval;
- Visit properties and construction sites as needed, according to a schedule set with the immediate supervisor;
- Carry out any other tasks required as part of the job or assigned by the immediate supervisor;
- Put your creativity to the test and satisfy your desire to achieve results;
- Work with and learn from leading industry experts who are passionate about what they do;
- Play a key role in bringing major real estate transactions to fruition;
- Actively contribute to valuing world-class real estate assets.
- A bachelor’s degree as well as a master’s degree (completed or in progress) from the following list: finance, engineering, architecture, international affairs, economics, real estate, valuation, urban planning, legal studies, IT (business analytics and/or AI), actuarial studies or accounting;
- Professional designation (CFA, CPA, C.App., etc.) earned or in progress, an asset;
- One to two years of work experience and/or previous experience in relevant internships in real estate, risk, investment or asset management;
- High-level proficiency in databases and Excel, including the use of dynamic pivot tables and Power Pivot.
- Ability to go beyond analysis, extract meaning from statistics, and propose effective and proactive solutions;
- Innovative and creative mindset;
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, leadership and logical thinking skills;
- Organized, self-directed and disciplined;
- Curious, driven and committed to continuous improvement;
- Adaptability, business sense, and negotiation and communication skills;
- Passion for real estate;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and perform under pressure with tight deadlines;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English; third language, an asset;
- Availability to travel occasionally internationally.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.
WHO WE ARE
Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.