Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$65 billion in assets as at December 31st, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada’s leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Research, Global Real Estate Markets
Position type : Salaried
Location : Montreal or Toronto
The incumbent is responsible for carrying out the following research activities: (i) organize and manage research databases; (ii) develop econometric models for applied research; (iii) conduct economic analyses concerning themes that have an impact on the real estate sector; (iv) coordinate investigations focusing on empirical studies or database development; (v) monitor economic and real estate conditions in key sectors and themes; (vi) prepare plain language reports as indicated in Ivanhoé Cambridge’s research plan.
- Develop the econometric models necessary to conduct research and analyze the findings in order to be able to apply them to the real estate sector and Ivanhoé Cambridge’s portfolio;
- Conduct the necessary research on important commercial real estate themes including consumer trends, technology, demographics, globalization and capital flows;
- Identify and compile critical information for real estate intelligence purposes. Seek out economic, financial and real estate information to support internal research initiatives;
- Prepare economic analyses in support of market penetration strategies (risks of breaking into or existing selected markets, taking into account various economic and geopolitical aspects);
- Provide the required economic support for the preparation of reports intended for senior executives and board members considering economic conditions and major trends affecting the Company’s markets;
- Prepare recurring analyses examining specific themes or ad hoc market analyses to support transactions, risk management and arguments surrounding investment or disposition strategies;
- Track economic shifts and projected disruptions that may have an impact on the assets held by the Company around the world. Working with the portfolio management team, determine the impact of these changes on the overall portfolio;
- Help develop new tools to better monitor current and prospective markets; seek out new sources of information;
- Carry out any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor or required as part of the job.
- Master’s degree in economics, real estate or another related discipline;
- One to three years of relevant experience;
- Basic knowledge of the real estate market; familiarity with the corresponding issues, policies and initiatives, an asset;
- Well organized, with solid business acumen and the ability to manage several projects at once with a minimum of supervision;
- Ability to draft effective, relevant reports in English. French is an asset;
- Intellectual curiosity and a keen analytical and integrative mind;
- Excellent spoken and written in English. French is an asset;
- Team spirit and commitment to continuous quality improvement.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.