Brookfield Asset Management is a global alternative asset manager with over $500 billion in assets under management. Brookfield has over a 100-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable energy, infrastructure and private equity. On behalf of clients and shareholders, Brookfield owns and manages one of the largest portfolios of premier office properties and renewable energy generating facilities as well as long-life infrastructure assets that include utilities, transport and energy and timber lands in North and South America, Australasia and Europe. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE, TSX and Euronext Amsterdam under the symbol BAM, BAM.A and BAMA, respectively.
We are seeking an Analyst - Risk & Insurance to support our growing asset portfolios around the globe. The position will be located at Brookfield’s head office in Toronto and offers significant growth opportunities. This role requires an ability to work with individuals across all levels of the organization; strong analytical and organizational skills; and the willingness to take the initiative within a demanding environment. Excellent judgment and discretion are required to handle high volumes of confidential information.
Working closely with the Director, Risk & Insurance, the Analyst will coordinate data to support the placement of group insurance policies across the organization. The Analyst will be supporting all operating groups at Brookfield and working with the Risk & Insurance team to manage the creation of renewal submissions and manage a relevant data collection, analysis, and visualization projects to support the broader team.
The ideal candidate should have a good understanding of Property/Casualty insurance basics and have ability to identify risks and exposures relevant to Brookfield’s core operations. Candidates should be resourceful and efficient, willing to work in a fast-paced environment, as well as being flexible and reliable with a positive 'can-do' disposition.
- Review and respond to requests from internal and external stakeholders including analysis of data, policies, processes, and regulatory requirements
- Conduct audit of existing insurance programs for assets within Brookfield funds
- Provide consultative support to various field offices and business units
- Provide project support, including project tracking and coordination with subject matter experts
- Coordinate exposure gathering for policy placements
- Review and analyze trends in risk exposures with regular frequency
- Preparation of premium allocations
- Provide risk management support activities such as creating presentations and data-lined workbooks, as well as reviewing legal contracts
- Coordinate claim correspondence and relevant documentation for claim team
- Support departmental goals and objectives on various projects
- Liaise with lenders and partners to ensure compliance with contractual provisions
- Participate in Due Diligence review of potential acquisitions
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree or completion of post-secondary program specific to insurance and risk management
- Must have a minimum two (2) years' related experience (risk management, insurance carrier, broker),
- Industry relevant certifications sought but not required
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative)
- Effective oral, written and communication skills
- Proficient in preparing presentations
- Excellent analytical, planning, project management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, balancing multiple and competing priorities
- Capable of working as a member of a team or independently when necessary; knows when to seek guidance or clarity
- Competency with Microsoft Office business software, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint