Liquid Cinema is a Virtual Reality Software company located in downtown Toronto.
We are looking for an Android Developer to assist with application development involving Virtual Reality software products. Our product offering includes desktop authoring software, mobile and Windows based VR applications. The role requires development on native Android developed apps including the Oculus Quest platform. The successful candidate should be comfortable working in a creative, technical and entrepreneurial environment.
- Application development of efficient Android application code
- User Interface development of the product design update
- Unit testing and debugging as required during the testing process
- Code optimization as required as per the update requirements
- Draft technical documentation as required update implementation
- Perform VR software and hardware device related research as required
- Follow company standard processes and procedures
- Diagnose and resolve technical software issues as required
- Identify and escalate priority issues per issue specifications
- Redirect and report problems to appropriate team members
- Accurately process and record issues using company tracking software
- Maintain knowledge and status of software system information, changes, updates and versions
- Assist with creating and editing consumer facing product support guide content
- 2+ years developing native Android applications, 2+ years of Java experience
- knowledge of designing and implementing the object-oriented paradigm within Java and Kotlin based applications
- Good understanding of one design patterns such as MVP, MVVM or MVI, and how they can be applied to Android development
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK and using Gradle to build different variants
- Experience with Android libraries and best practices when it comes to communicating with RESTful webservices
- Understanding of Jetpack components such as ROOM, Livedata, Lifecycles, etc.
- Experienced with offline storage, threading, mobile memory management and performance tuning.
- Comfortable with VR and AR application related product design
- At ease using team productivity tools such as GitHub, Slack and Asana
- Has experience with API integration configuration with Android applications
- Interested in 2D, 3D animation, gaming, video, cinema, photography, audio, graphic design a nice to have
- Experienced with build and quality assurance test automation
- Organized with solid written and verbal communication skills
- Working in a team and taking direction as required
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities
- Detail oriented, creative and open-minded attitude
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree completed or in progress in a related College technology or design program