Android Infotainment Developer
12 Months Contract (Long-term project)
- As a software developer in the Infotainment Software Team, you will contribute to the development and integration of software features in various areas such as Android Framework, Multimedia, Connectivity and Core Applications.
- Your contribution will enable customers to connect their personal consumer devices to the vehicle infotainment system as well as providing a user friendly User Interface to control the vehicle infotainment system.
What We Need You To Do:
- Contribute as designer and developer to design, code and release software for Android target.
- Participate in the implementation of connectivity framework features (BT, USB and Wi-Fi etc.) or multimedia framework features (playback engine, audio, codec, speech, CarPlay, AndroidAuto, or Android Framework (AOSP) and Applications and Services.
- Participate in improving and maintaining existing Infotainment software.
- Participate in feature requirements analysis, and test-case design review.
- Participate in feature prototype building, testing, and refinement.
- Participate in improving and tailoring existing drivers, stack and applications to our needs.
- Provide clear and complete documentation based on the definition of the software development process.
- Collaborate with other engineers by using Scrum/Agile development process.
- Be able to occasionally travel domestically and internationally.
- 8+ years of experience developing applications or middleware for mobile platforms like Android
- Object-oriented software development experience with a solid grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Experience working with large code bases, developing entirely new code and maintaining existing code
- Knowledge of Android components, framework and architecture (such as Apps, Multimedia, BT V4, USB, NFC, Wi-Fi and Projection, CarPlay, Speech, ScreenCasting, OpenMax, GStreamer, etc.)
- Knowledge of test development and testing of embedded system firmware
- Knowledge and experience about embedded LAN and Ethernet
- Software platform development experience, such as Linux and Android platform
- Commercial software development experience in C, C++, Java
- Familiar with Android development toolkit and process
- Experience with SCM tools, GIT, JIRA, Eclipse IDE, ClearCase etc.
- Experience of Scrum/Agile software development process
- Ability to perform diagnostic and investigation based on limited information
- Creative, discipline, strong sense of responsibility, delivery and schedule commitment
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent field
- Advanced degrees preferred
Other Skills Preferred
- Working experience with Mobile Platforms/Services and Apps, CarPlay, and Android Auto.
- Working experience of Android component.
- Working experience in firmware development.
- Experience in developing automotive infotainment solutions.
- Experience in automotive and/or portable consumer electronic devices.