Client ID: 289388
On behalf of our client, Procom is seeking an Application Analystt for a 8 month contract in Winnipeg, MB.
Application Analyst Job Details
- Reporting to the COTS team Senior Analyst, the Analyst works with IT clients to analyze, plan, organize and develop computer applications.
- As a member of a project team, the Analyst produces deliverables specific to each phase of the systems development process while providing analytical support to other team members.
- The Analyst may lead smaller projects or co-ordinate with other staff as required.
- The Analyst may act as a technical specialist to a project, become a subject matter expert, or be a member of a support team, supporting business needs.
- The Analyst understands not only the individual applications within their scope, but how they interact with applications throughout the corporation.
Application Analyst Responsibilities
- System analyst within the cost team supporting vital entry system
- Supporting EDMS Open Text systems and scanner software Kofax
- Developing programs and applications using custom integrations, java, .NET, scripting work
- Hybrid work and integration work, VI3 and EDMS
- Develops programs/applications using provided design and analysis documents in accordance with established criteria and standards.
- Creates test data and verifies accuracy and completeness of created software components by testing in accordance with established criteria and standards.
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions.
- Evaluates, modifies and tests existing software.
- Assists with the preparation of operational documentation for the system users and support teams.
- Prepares software utility documentation according to established departmental and divisional standards.
- Coordinates change and implementation activities in accordance with established criteria and standards.
Analysis & Design Responsibilities
- Analyzes current systems through review of documentation and interviews with IT clients
- Troubleshoots productions systems
- Installs selected vendor software and evaluates new packages
- Prepares or provides input into one or more of the following;
- Feasibility studies; cost benefit analysis or business case
- Requirement definitions
- Conceptual design documents
- Project estimates
- System designs
- Implementation Designs
- Systems and programs specifications
- Systems and client documentation
- Testing requirement definitions
Application Analyst Mandatory Skills
- Three years systems analysis, design and/or programming of which two years must be using applicable software to the specific position.
- Experience should include supporting Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) products such as Fineos, OpenText eDocs, and Kofax Scan software
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in project management
- Ability to manage multiple activities within established deadlines
- Knowledge in system integration an asset
- Demonstrated ability to complete technical reports and conduct thorough research
- Good understanding of high level architectural solutions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, in order to convey technical information in a clear, concise and understandable manner for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and communications with supervisors, other employees, and vendors
- Demonstrated competency in the following or other applicable technologies and skillsets:
- Visual Studio .NET 2012 or greater
- Experience in Java development to support the Fineos platform
- Experience supporting EDMS solutions utilizing the OpenText platform
- Knowledge of High speed scanner software such as Kofax
- Experience with Insurance claim software
- Working knowledge of general insurance terminology and practices is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to create Design Specifications based on System Use Cases, User Stories, Business Use Cases, and/or Requirements Documents.
- Demonstrated ability to create a prototype based on System Use Cases, User Stories, Business Use Cases and/or Requirements Documents.
- Demonstrated ability to create System Use Cases or Analysis Documents based on Business Requirements.
Application Analyst Assignment Length
Application Analyst Job Location