Evoqua has the strength of a major global business while embracing the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. Our innovative products have been solving the world’s water problems for more than 100 years. Today, we are building on that strong history of success – transforming water for our customers enriching the lives of consumers.
Evoqua’s unparalleled portfolio of proven brands, advanced technologies, mobile and emergency water supply solutions and services helps cities across the world provide and discharge clean water, and equips the leisure and commercial industries to maximize productivity and profitability. Every day, millions of people and thousands of companies rely on Evoqua Water Technologies to help meet their needs for clean water.
What does it mean to work here. . .
Our Mindset: We put customers first. We know we succeed only when our customers succeed. To that end, we make decisions at lowest possible levels, at fastest possible speeds – freeing employees to respond to customers quickly and effectively without sacrificing safety or quality.
Our organization: We work as “One Evoqua”. We collaborate across our global enterprise. In an increasingly competitive marketplace, no single product, group or unit succeeds on their own, no matter how remarkable they are. We are one team.
Our People: We hire for brains and heart. We are industry experts who foster great relationships with colleagues and customers. We value technical knowledge and experience, alongside business insight and people smarts. We nurture both the hard and soft skills of our talent.
Our Leadership: We lead from where we are. We take ownership. We lead from all levels. We value the opportunity to grow, as a business and as people. We hold each other accountable to make the right things happen for maximum performance.
Our promise: Grow with the Best. We grow with the best. We are on the move. As the world’s first choice for water solutions, our workplace will continue to evolve and expand, and so will the opportunities. This is a workplace that nourishes talented people. Immerse yourself . . . in Evoqua.
Apply today to join our 4000 professionals around the world as we pursue our purpose: Transforming Water. Enriching Life.
Applications Engineer for ADI Systems / Evoqua Water Technologies Canada
ADI Systems, an Evoqua Water Technologies Canada company, is currently searching for an Applications Engineer for our office in Fredericton, NB, Canada. ADI Systems specializes in providing biological wastewater treatment solutions for industrial customers around the world. As an Applications Engineer, you would work with our experienced team in all phases of our wastewater treatment projects, including marketing and business development, laboratory and pilot work, process design, system commissioning and process start-up, and customer aftercare.
- Work with senior process staff, CADD department, and cost estimators to prepare and submit proposals for wastewater treatment projects.
- Proposal preparation duties include discussions with prospective customer, selecting appropriate wastewater treatment technology, preparing process flow diagram, defining scope of services, outlining technology technical specifications, etc.
- Work with ADI's laboratory technicians to review and interpret analytical testing of wastewater and sludge samples
- Characterization testing, respirometry analysis, biomethane potential assay, etc.
- Coordinate pilot studies for demonstrating wastewater treatment technology to prospective customers.
- Assisting with set-up and start-up of pilot system, training plant personnel on the operation of the pilot system, communicating with operators on pilot performance, preparing technical reports on pilot system performance, etc.
- Process design activities for full-scale projects
- Preparing P&IDs for overall project, preparing technical document for the project team outlining the process concepts, equipment/instrument/valve specifications, mass and materials balances, etc., providing process input to project manager and design team during system design and construction, working with electrical engineers to develop treatment plant controls logic, etc.
- Start-up and commissioning activities for full-scale projects
- Preparing technical document outlinng information required for plant operators to operate the treatment system, working with project manager, electrical engineer, and subcontractors to commission and start-up treatment system components, developing and re-evaluating start-up plan, conducting operator training, etc.
- Follow-up and aftercare services for full-scale projects
- Communicating with operators to review system performance and operating data, process troubleshooting, reporting to senior staff on system performance, etc.
- Assist with ADI's marketing and business development activities
- Developing case studies and promotional material, coordinating and conducting sales presentations and site visits, attending and/or preparing technical papers for trade shows and conferences, etc.
- BScE in Civil, Chemical, or Environmental Engineering
- Masters in Civil, Chemical, or Environmental Engineering is preferred
- 5-15 years of experience in process engineering, specializing in wastewater treatment
- Business development / marketing experience is an asset
- Proficient with Standard Methods for analytical testing of water samples
- Familiarity with commercially available wastewater treatment technologies, particularly membrane bioreactor systems, is an asset
- Proficient with MS Office
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Fluency in second language is an asset
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Work as part of a team to complete project objectives
- Experience with wastewater treatment process modeling software (e.g., BioWin) is an asset
- Willing to travel (domestic and international) up to 30% of the year
Evoqua Water Technologies prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Evoqua Water Technologies takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
Evoqua does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidates from search firms.