On behalf of our client in Surrey, Ignite Technical Resources is seeking an experienced Application Tester to join our client’ team for a 6 month contract opportunity with strong potential to extend to May 2020.
The successful tester will have the ability to learn and understand the business processes quickly, have tested in complex environments with end-to-end integration. You should be well rounded in writing test scripts/scenarios, provide good documentation and have excellent communication skills and be a good team player by being fully engaged in the test activities and help others where necessary.
- Review, learn and understand software and application functionality as necessary to properly test specific feature capabilities
- Writing manual scripts for Unit and Integration tests and updating Regression test scripts
- Test execution
- Regression testing
- Able to develop sunny path and negative path test cases.
- Provide appropriate reports relative to passed and failed tests to the team for review.
- Report clearly to supervisors the status of assigned tasks
- Document issues and follow up on resolution
- At least 5 years experience as a tester with various applications, with emphasis on testing integrated systems.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong analytical understanding of interfacing technologies, touch points and integration.
- Demonstrated ability for testing in complex environments.
- A quick learner with demonstrated ability and background to quickly and effectively gain an understanding of the business requirements to create and/update test scripts within SAP and interfaced applications.
- Testing any enterprise grade mobile software is a plus.
- Knowledge of SAP Plant Maintenance is a plus.
- Ability to receive and provide constructive feedback.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to understand the overall scope and context of the test as well as the details required to ensure that there is quality testing rather than focusing on quantity.
- Ability to focus on the attention to details is important for a quality tester.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume.
Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
We’re wired for people.