At Frontier Employees Inc., We Build Exceptional Experiences.
Our Remarkable team, made up of individuals with unique talents and perspectives, works together each and every day to deliver exceptional, successful projects and experiences for our clients across Western and Northern Canada through innovation and inspiration.
Apply now for your exceptional career opportunity!
Reporting to a Foreman or Lead Hand, the Carpenter will be responsible for, constructing, erecting and repairing buildings and other structures made of wood, wood substitutes, concrete, steel and other materials. Carpenters work on a wide variety of commercial, industrial and institutional buildings, and structures. The Carpenter will work in environments that are safety sensitive.
- Erect/install and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, shoring and barricades required at construction sites.
- Mix, pour and spread materials such as concrete and asphalt. Assist tradespersons such as carpenters, and concert finishers in construction activities.
- Builds footings, walls, column forms, slab forms, and stair forms.
- Installs precast units, framing systems sheathing, exterior trims, interior/exterior doors and hardware, windows, flooring, wall coverings, and architectural materials.
- May be trained to operate a Skidsteer, Zoom Boom and or a Manlifts.
- Reads and interprets blueprints.
- Project/task layout including selecting material.
- Planning sequences and methods of work.
- Measuring and marking materials.
- Cutting and shaping materials and joining then with nails, screws, bolts or glue.
- Checking complete units to be sure they are level, square, plumb and the right size and shape.
- Review safety policies and procedures.
- Complete and maintain hazard assessment cards.
- Directly work in safety sensitive work areas.
- Working at heights and all weather conditions.
- Adhere to Frontier Employees Inc. policies and procedures.
Skills & Knowledge:
- The ability to stand, crouch and kneel for long periods of time.
- Operate and use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Manual dexterity, balance for working on scaffolding.
- To solve arithmetic problems quickly and accurately.
- The ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Get along well with others and client service interaction skills.
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Year Apprenticeship training or Journeyman certificate.
- Vaid OSSA Fall Protection, CSTS 09 and WHMIS 2015 are required.
Commercial construction experience is an asset. Apprenticeship training.