CDN Controls Ltd. is a fully integrated provider of instrumentation, electrical, automation, communication, combustion and emissions services throughout Western Canada.
CDN is currently looking for an Instrumentation Technician Apprentice who is experienced in the Oil & Gas industry to join our team. If you are an experienced instrumentation apprentice in the oil and gas industry we want to hear from you.
- Adhere to all company Environmental, Heath, and Safety policies and procedures set out by the HSE department Manager.
- Assist Journeyman and other apprentices with the maintenance, replacement and installation of equipment.
- Assist with calibrations and installations requiring instrumentation tubing
- Use of hand tools, power tools, testing equipment and specialty tools, such as tubing benders.
- Use of more advanced calibration equipment such as Hart Communicators, and programs.
- Use of basic Instrumentation Test Equipment & should be able to complete calibrations
- Able to work on or with more advanced meter(s) checking for continuity, resistance, voltages & current readings
- Able to work on or with more advanced systems such as compressor panels, RTU’s, BMS, Line heaters, and production facility equipment
- Knowledge of Gas Detection, LEL Detection and Fire Detection controllers and sensors.
- Capable of setting set points on safety shutdown device(s) & should be able to complete calibrations unattended in most situations.
- Possibility of working on or around any ‘live’ process or equipment including isolation and de-pressuring of any system, once you have displayed confidence and an understanding of the process S.O. P’s and follow all safety procedures.
- Confident in their ability to repair equipment; with follow-up guidance from the Journeyman if required.
- Indentured 1st- 4th Year Apprentice
- A valid Class 5 license with a clean driver abstract
- Valid H2S, First Aid, OSSA Fall Protection, Aerial Work Platform, eGSO, and CSTS
- Experience in the Oil and Gas industry in construction or maintenance is an asset
- A pre-employment drug and alcohol test is required prior to employment
- Ability to work in various working conditions ranging from outdoors to indoors in a variety of weather conditions and working from heights