Success Looks Like This:
- Understand the product area and how it fits into the larger product to provide business value to our core markets
- Understand our core markets and customer business problems in their area and propose intelligent solutions to the problems with the business
- Collaborate with the Strategic Product Manager to define and align the roadmap covering their service area with the strategic roadmap covering the product
- Define and prioritize business needs to be addressed and the requirements at an Epic level that define the whole solution
- Collaborate effectively with Technical Program Managers, Architects, and Development to break work down into small increments that can be released to market
- Communicate the business value of features/solution in their service area to the business and customers
- Manage and mentor direct reports in their product area as they define and prioritize requirements, plan and monitor projects, and coordinate activities across teams and departments
- Remain knowledgeable about Global Relay’s market, competitive solutions, and business opportunities
- Work directly with customers/prospects to understand what they need to be able to do with Global Relay services to be successful in their jobs
- Serve as primary product expert (functional, not technical) for the product area for which they are responsible.
- Develop and maintain product roadmap and backlog for their product area that is aligned with the strategic platform roadmap and backlog
- Assemble requirements into releases and be able to justify the business value of their product priorities
- Clearly define project objectives for the development team
- Communicate scope requirements within Global Relay using the most suitable format, including themes, initiatives, epics, user stories, workflows, use cases, narratives, and other appropriate methods
- Ensure mapping of user stories and epics to features, market problems, and value propositions
- Coordinate cross-product dependencies within the Product Management team
- Manage the product lifecycle including managing successful product launches and product end-of-life
- Support marketing, sales, and support through leading the development and maintenance of various technical marketing collateral
- Manage their direct reports by conducting one-on-ones, reviews, coaching/training, and ensuring appropriate workload
- 5-7 years of product management, Product Owner experience for a SaaS, or enterprise-level software company
- Experience working with big data technologies and data visualization tools
- Experience building/maintaining products that requires reporting on petabytes of data
- Ability to effectively interface & communicate with customers and all stakeholders within the organization
- Strong technical background is required
- Strong requirement elicitation, analysis, domain modelling, use case modeling, workflow design, and documentation skills
- Strong business analysis skills
- Strong problem solving skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have experience with cross-functional teams that include engineering, sales, and marketing staff
- Working knowledge of Lean/Agile, DevOps, and traditional SDLC methodologies
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, information governance, surveillance, and eDiscovery solutions to the global finance sector. We help financial services firms preserve and supervise their communications data for regulatory compliance, risk mitigation, and litigation readiness. We deliver our services to over 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, text, market data chat, social media, enterprise social networking, voice, trade data, websites, and more. Recently, we also launched a compliant messaging platform specifically for the finance industry.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in eight other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association
- Canada’s 50 Best Small and Medium Employers
- Canada’s Top Employers for Young People
- Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Canada’s Best Managed Companies – Platinum
- Technology Fast 50 – Leadership
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world’s largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.