Located in the heart of Toronto, and reporting to the VP, Executive Creative Director, you'll work with a Copywriter and be responsible for developing and building creative concepts across multiple vehicles for Wunderman Thompson’s extensive, and exciting, roster of clients.
- Along with the assigned Copywriter, meets with the VP, ECD, or ACD’s, to discuss and clarify the direction of creative development against the creative strategy;
- Develop strategically relevant creative solutions based on the information gathered from all documents including the creative brief, team members, and VP, ECD;
- Present concepts to the VP, ECD for approval of the creative concepts, to ensure all creative meets the client’s needs and Wunderman’s creative standards;
- Executes layouts, mockups, moodbaords, for variety of mediums
- Presents layouts to the VP, ECD, account team, strategy, and client for discussion and approval;
- Collaborate fully with the assigned Copywriter and all members of the Creative, Account and Production team;
- Apprise the VP, ECD of progress as warranted;
- Regularly attends briefs, product group meetings, production meetings, and presentations where appropriate;
- Contributes to the selection of production partners in the final execution and visualization of the creative concept; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strives to find unique and compelling ideas.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with little supervision.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Flexibility to work within the realities of the advertising industry.
- Action and detail-oriented skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and is solutions oriented.
- Ability to work independently, but report into a team.
- Passionate about the digital space
- Strong Design sense
- Degree or diploma in a related discipline.
- 4-6 years’ experience as an Art Director or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Must have thorough knowledge of the Adobe Suite of products, Invision, and a broad understanding of UX/UI.