- A fantastic opportunity to join a family-owned construction company.
- Work with an industry leader that prides itself on excellent customer service.
- Be rewarded with a competitive salary and attractive benefits.
About Nelson River Construction
With almost 100 years of combined industry experience, Nelson River Construction is an organization specialized in heavy construction projects across Manitoba. Our commitments to excellent equipment, customer service and efforts have been rewarded with a growing leading reputation since 1923. Our success and longevity also stem from our highly experienced and hardworking workforce, which consistently delivers projects that meet and often exceed our clients' quality standards.
Working on the road and in outdoor conditions can be challenging. That's why we provide a friendly work culture, a competitive hourly wage, and an excellent benefits package to our teams. If this feels like an environment that you could build a career in, we want to hear from you!
For more information about our organization, please visit our website by clicking here.
About the Opportunity
Nelson River Construction currently has an opportunity for an enthusiastic Asphalt Superintendent to join our team on a full-time basis. This role will see you working about 50% of the time on various sites around Winnipeg and in remote locations throughout Manitoba during peak construction season.
As our new Asphalt Superintendent, you will perform supervisory duties in the field while following NRC methodologies for municipal and highway road building as well as for unique projects such as airports or the construction of flexible pavements. Your vital work will help to build the modern road infrastructure our society needs to move people to places and products to market.
Some of your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Planning, organizing and managing field operations to achieve project objectives.
- Directing people and equipment resources in the most efficient and economical manner.
- Reviewing and analyzing field performance to improve operations continually.
- Reviewing plans and specifications.
- Shopping drawings and monitoring job costs to ensure consistency with budget costs.
- Identifying gaps, errors and unexpected problems and creating quality solutions.
- Delivering projects on schedule, on budget and to the specified requirements.
- Maintaining exceptional standards in safety, quality and environmental stewardship.
- Guiding, training, and evaluating employee performance and providing corrective action when needed.
- Assisting with various aspects of bid preparation, including soil testing and field reconnaissance.
- Liaising, consulting and interacting effectively with management, engineers, owners, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers on project-related matters.
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you will need at least 5 years of direct supervisory experience as a Superintendent or a Foreman in the heavy construction industry. You'll join us with a strong understanding of asphalt and paving operations as well as good equipment and standard knowledge. You'll also have a class 5 Driver's Licence. Experience using Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office will be considered an asset, as is the knowledge of Bid2Win. Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) with Construction Management experience are also invited to apply.
As our ideal candidate, you'll take responsibility to safely execute the work in a prompt and efficient manner by demonstrating excellent leadership and communication skills. Your professionalism, along with your organized mindset, stress-management and problem-solving skills, will ensure your success in delivering quality workmanship while keeping the team motivated.
Above all, you'll be a reliable team player who is eager to grow in a fast-paced environment while being passionate about the work you do.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a competitive salary along with a wide range of benefits, including:
- Health and dental package.
- RRSP matching program up to 8%.
- Pension plan after 6 months in the organization.
- A company vehicle, phone and credit card.
- Performance bonus program.
- Opportunities for career progression down defined paths within our organization.
- Many social events, including our annual employee appreciation party, annual Christmas party, and BBQ in summer
This is a challenging and dynamic role within a team that prides itself on delivering fantastic results.
If you believe you have what it takes to join our team, Apply Now!