The Opportunity | Assembler (Afternoon Shift)
Location: Mississauga, ON
Candidates must be available for training on day shift (7:30am-4:00pm) before moving to afternoon shift. Afternoon shift runs Monday to Thursday from 3:00pm to 1:30am.
* Prepare material for welding using various processes, including chemical etching
* Perform drill press operations (drill, tap and read to drawing specification, counterbore and countersink, sharpen drill bits)
* Install bushings and bearings, helicoils and rivets
* Set up and test assembled products as required by test procedures
* Operate brake press, punch press, drills (radial and spindle), shear, saw(s)
* Must have a minimum of 5 years industrial fabricating/fitting experience, or assembly experience and must be able to assembly complex, high precision machined components to drawing requirements in an accurate and cost effective manner
* Must have the potential to fabricate and/or assemble complete tube assemblies and hydraulic assemblies to drawings and hydraulic schematics
* Experience setting up and running both conventional and programmable brake presses an asset
* Must be to read and work from work orders and engineering drawings
* Ability to operate forklifts, overhead cranes, plate clamps, slings and chains
* Experience working with height gauges, dial indicators, steel square, tape rules, angle plates, layout table, micrometers and verniers, radius gauges, thread gauges, protractors and combination squares, gauge blocks and parallels
* Proficient in the use of electric and pneumatic tools, riveting tools, helicoil insert tools, tapping machines, bench grinders, circular saws, jig saws, portable nibbler, band saws and cut off saws
Curtiss-Wright is proud to offer our employees a comprehensive total rewards package:
* Competitive Pay
* Health and wellness benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance and more
* Savings opportunities for retirement, with an opportunity to become a shareholder
* Learning and development opportunities
* Recognition for your contributions
All successful applicants must be eligible to meet the requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and/or a Canadian government security clearance.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled