SemCAMS Midstream ULC is proud to offer innovative midstream solutions to our natural gas partners. Based in Calgary, Alberta, SemCAMS Midstream is one of the province’s largest licensed sour gas processors with assets located in central Alberta.
We have an immediate openings for three Asset Managers to support our Duvernay, Montney and Patterson Creek regions. This position is responsible for driving earnings growth at SemCAMS’ installed asset base. This role is expected to manage profitability through growth, and operational excellence with a focus towards safety, customer relations, cost management and innovation.
Delivering strategic value to our customers and producers, with a primary focus on natural gas processing, natural gas liquids, oil and other product pipelines through internal and customer relationships and driving business development within an asset based structure is key to the success of this role.
As an Asset Manager your primary responsibilities will include:
- Lead ongoing asset optimization from both network and site quality & cost-effective perspectives.
- Develop relationships with new and existing clients to grow business, negotiate agreements, and ensure profitability.
- Maximize EBITDA from area assets by monitoring financial performance against plan; ensure maximum cash flow from properties and lead implementation of asset enhancements such as new infrastructure or acquiring additional processing capacity.
- Work closely with finance on site budgets, volume forecasts and capital investment projects; accurate financial reporting and implementation of commercial arrangements.
- Responsible for joint venture policy, strategy implementation and control; responsible for ensuring that all joint venture activities are conducted effectively and efficiently; active member on the operating committees and acts as senior company spokesperson in negotiating agreements related to joint venture properties.
- Research and analysis of commercial opportunities consistent with long term asset and customer strategies including growth and asset disposition plans; assist with studies on operational effectiveness, capacity utilization, cost control and project sustainability.
- Promote Workplace Health & Safety and Environmental objectives, operations and maintenance performance targets are achieved; manage asset risks and continue to lead the risks throughout the asset life cycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Finance or Commerce or Advanced Technical Diploma; 10+ years energy industry experience
- Experience with safe, reliable operation of sweet & sour gas processing facilities, gathering pipelines or oil batteries; project management experience would be considered an asset
- Experience working with engineering teams to manage and coordinate the technical resources assigned to the respective asset project or customer.
- Development of business proposals and multi year asset business plans
- Demonstrated understanding of capital and operational budgeting annual process and large scale projects