McMillen Jacobs Canada Corporation
Title: Assistant Construction Manager
Address: 1188 W Georgia St #2000 Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 4A2
Compensation: $110,000 - $165,000
Benefits: Extended Heath Care, Dental, Life, CI, LTD, STD, 11 Paid Holidays, PTO, and Wellness Reimbursement.
Contact information: email@example.com
McMillen Jacobs Canada Corporation is looking for an Assistant Construction Manager to join our team to help service projects in the Vancouver, BC Canada office. This is a full-time permanent position. The successful candidate will be a recognized leader in construction management for large underground projects with demonstrated technical expertise in tunnels, shafts, trenchless technologies, construction management and project management. We are looking for someone with the demonstrated ability to direct and supervise project teams comprised of staff with highly specialized expertise on tunnel projects, to strategize and lead most or all aspects of multidisciplinary underground projects, demonstrate a high degree of foresight and mature judgment in anticipating and solving problems, as well as develop and foster a spirit of collaboration and teamwork on construction projects.
- Leads discussions, meetings, and workshops on large and complex projects
- Ensures that all deliverables produced by the team meets risk management requirements
- Plans, creates, and oversees deliverables such as schedules, specifications and budget reports
- Implements and leads technical and management QA/QC reviews and checks for large projects and in areas of expertise per client requirements and/or company policy
- Supports risk management efforts for complex projects and assignments
- Ensures enforcement of statutory health and safety requirements for the construction site supporting the Health and Safety Manager in his responsibilities. Directly manages construction management teams consisting of resident engineers, office/field engineers, and inspectors
- Supports the Construction Manager as project owner's representative in managing construction contractors, including acting as primary point of contract with contractors, and performing contract administration duties such as payments, change orders, time extensions, as built records and certificates of completion
- Performs constructability, biddability, schedule, and budget reviews as preconstruction phases of the project
- Support design projects by performing constructability reviews
- Shows consistent track record of delivering projects on time and budget
- 15+ years heavy engineering, construction, and underground infrastructure experience
- Bachelor's Degree Civil Engineering (or overseas equivalent)
- Holds engineering professional registration/certification or other engineering specialty certification
- 10+ years specialized management experience in the construction management of large multi disciplined infrastructure projects
- Specialized technical experience in means and methods for tunnels, shafts trenchless technologies and ground improvement
- Proven track record to deliver heavy civil engineering projects on time and within budget
- Demonstrated ability to direct and supervise project teams comprised of 5+ construction management and inspection staff with highly specialized expertise on tunnel projects
- Demonstrates a high degree of foresight and mature judgement in anticipating and solving civil engineering / tunnel problems
- Must have the ability to professionally speak and write in English.
- Must have the ability to travel to project sites within the greater Vancouver, BC area.
McMillen Jacobs Associates is a full-service environmental, engineering, and construction firm in the water resources, hydropower, fisheries, transportation, and heavy civil underground markets. We are able to contribute to a project at the planning stage, navigate the regulatory requirements, develop a design, manage and self-perform construction, start-up, and commissioning.
Currently serving clients from 21 offices with over 350 staff members internationally, our superior technical skills includes environmental studies and permits; civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and geotechnical engineering; hydraulics and hydrology; CFD modeling; and tunnel and underground project engineering. We also have leading professionals in fisheries, hydropower; Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) licensing and regulatory assistance; dam safety; spillway, intake, and water conveyance design and rehabilitation; as well as claims and dispute resolution. We are pleased to accept applications from underrepresented groups and encourage applications from Indigenous persons, youth, new immigrants, and persons with disabilities.
For additional company information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.mcmjac.com