Reporting to the Controller, this individual is responsible for the overall general accounting function including A/P and A/R as well as the General Ledger.
- Ensure that the purchases/payable/payments cycle complies with Company policy.
- Act as liaison between other departments to ensure that the Company’s financial processes are being followed.
- Suggest and implement process and policy improvements.
- Ensure that the sales/receivables/receipts cycles comply with Company policy.
- Review and analyse aged A/R and A/P sub-ledgers and identify any potential issues.
- Review and authorize: Customer credit limit adjustment
All outgoing payments in accordance with Company policy.
All Customer credit notes.
All general journal entries in accordance with Company policy.
- Oversee month-end close and account reconciliations.
- Update and maintain the Master Accounting Manual.
- Special projects as required by the Controller or the CFO.
- University degree
- Accounting designation required (can be supplemented by extensive work experience)
- 5+ years experience in Corporate accounting, preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work with little supervision in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Superior accounting knowledge.
- Ability to handle and prioritize many work assignments at once.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to focus on details.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Paid monthly via ADP