4 month contract, potential for extension
Your new company
Our client, a recognized construction company is looking to add an Assistant Controller to their team for a 4 month contract. This role is located in Toronto, ON and will be an in office role.
Your new role
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Ensure all key financial reconciliation are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Valuating, developing, and improving department controls, ERP systems, and procedures increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will have 5-7 years of relevant experience. Previous experience within the construction industry is a must have including an understanding in contract and billing changes based on projects.Experience in Sage 300 is considered an asset. An accounting designation (CPA / CA / CMA or equivalent) is preferred.
What you'll get in return
This is a great opportunity offering $40.00 - $45.00/hr.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.