Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Maison Manuvie - Office
Position type : Salaried
Reporting to the Coordinator, Security, the incumbent is responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for people and property through effective security and fire prevention.
- Analyze, monitor and carefully track the service quality of security activities for the assigned building and ensure that security personnel perform all of the services indicated in their agreement;
- Ensure compliance with instructions and operating procedures within the security department, in accordance with security and fire prevention guidelines;
- Provide security guards with the information they need to execute their duties in keeping with the instructions and directives of the Security Coordinator and/or any other person acting on behalf of the property owner;
- Supervise and coordinate the operation of the camera surveillance system, the distribution of sets of keys and the management of access cards for the entire property;
- Supervise day-to-day operations in common areas of the property and take the necessary actions to ensure occupant safety;
- Coordinate security teams in emergency situations and communicate with external resources as required (police, fire department, emergency medical services, etc.);
- Coordinate and supervise the program for checking and testing on-site fire protection equipment, in accordance with property guidelines;
- Follow up on incident reports with various affected individuals and ensure reports are completed and submitted to the Coordinator, Security, as quickly as possible;
- Supervise security rounds and coordinate the inspection of the property and tenant spaces by security staff;
- Oversee ongoing training of security staff;
- Coordinate permits for welding and interrupting the fire protection system. Follow up during and after the work;
- Carry out any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor or required as part of the job.
- College-level studies (AEC) in industrial/commercial safety, or equivalent or higher level of education;
- Valid CSST-approved first aid and CPR certificate;
- Two to three years of related experience in a supervisory or management capacity in a similar environment;
- Experience in using fire protection equipment and systems, portable extinguishers, alarm stations, etc.;
- Excellent written and spoken French;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Outgoing, dynamic, organized and self-motivated;
- Strong analytical skills; keen sense of judgement and leadership;
- Team spirit and commitment to continuous quality improvement;
- Ability to cope with highly stressful situations;
- Ability to work in a computerized environment.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.