Assistant General Manager (Remote Site)
Grow your career with a company that shares your passion. Our Energy and Resources Division is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of Assistant General Manager for our site located in Southwestern Ontario.
In your new role as the Assistant General Manager for our client site located in Northern Ontario, you will lead a large non-unionized team of Food, Housekeeping, maintenance, front desk and Rooms members to excellence at our lodge. Your experience working in a non-unionized environment is a must as well as strong financial acumen working with budget, P/L statements. This is a key and highly visible role that is also tasked with creating and maintaining a safety focused work environment. If you have a passion for leading a strong team to excellence with client services, financial acumen and safety culture this may be your new role! You will be required to work a rotation of 21 days in camp with 10 days out.
At Sodexo we care and serving others is our purpose. This generates an authentic sense of pride for us. Improving the Quality of life for everyone we come into contact with is our North Star. If you want to catch the Sodexo Spirit then we have the position you are searching for.
- Maintain interface with customers and clients, ensuring total contract compliance with all criteria and reaching all performance specifications including service delivery, budget adherence, cost savings, energy savings and customer service specifications.
- Oversee all facilities, property, and project management services as required by the contract and as requested by our client.
- Coordinate and promote proactive performance reviews between the customers/clients and Sodexo. Ensure seamless integration and performance of services for all teams involved with the accounts success.
- Develop and adhere to operating budgets for your unit.
- Provide ongoing financial and operational analysis of unit performance.
- Maintain all key performance indicators.
- These include but are not limited to: high levels of client and customer satisfaction;
- Account retention; strong employee development and retention.
- Achievement of financial goals;
- Develop compelling options for future business growth
- Investigate opportunities to expand existing service or offer additional services to the client
Growth and Development:
- 3-4 years Assistant General Manager/Hospitality experience
- Some Post-Secondary education in Business, Hospitality is an asset but work experience is also a strong asset
- Experience or accreditation in areas of food service, janitorial
- Experience with Camp Management systems such as Orissa
- Health and safety regulations, quality control, custodial, grounds, office services,
- Managing third party contracts, and continuous improvement
- Strong financial acumen and contract management
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset
- Serving Clients and Customers
- Drive and Dependability
- Building a Diverse Team
- Strategic Leadership
- Talent Development
- Managing Employee Performance and Development
- Managing Unit Finances
- Managing Quality Operations
- Providing Quality Services
- Leveraging Operational Excellence Tools to Drive Continuous Improvement
- Desire to ask “What’s Next” and Continually Grow
Who We Are:
Recognized as a strategic partner, Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 80 countries, Sodexo serves 75 million consumers each day through its unique combination of On-site Services, Benefits and Rewards Services and Personal and Home Services. Through its more than 100 services, Sodexo provides clients an integrated offering developed over 50 years of experience. Sodexo’s success and performance are founded on its independence, its sustainable business model and its ability to continuously develop and engage its 420,000 employees throughout the world.
*A wide array of interesting jobs *Nationwide locations *Tremendous growth possibilities *Continuous learning opportunities *Incentive Plans *Rewards & Recognition *Employee Benefits *Flexible Time *Discounts *Committed to People Development *Promoting Individual and Collective Achievements *Diversity and Inclusion *Corporate Citizenship *Hunger Fighting Initiatives *Environmentally Conscious………… To find out more, come visit us at: www.sodexo.ca
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
“We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.”
*Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. *